Hello brothers! It’s the last mini-minutes of this semester! It is incredible to see how much we have grown as a chapter in the last semester and we should take the time to reflect on how amazing it is to have each other! Today’s meeting included a lot of end of the year business, so here’s a run-down of everything that happened.
Want a more detailed look of today’s meeting? Click below for our full minutes!
Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Shoutout to Colby, Jalen, Stazie, and Celeste for helping with MC invite letters!
- Thank you to everyone who has helped out with digitizing this semester, especially Lily and Allison for running their own session and Lily for going to almost every single digitizing session!
- Thank you to Andrew for helping Ahnika get a last minute tuba for a recital!
- Shoutout to Gena for her amazing and well-put proposal for the meeting format for Spring 2018!
- Here is your financial report for the Fall 2017 Semester!
Announcements from your brothers/exec team:
- Post your photos to the Shutterfly! Links and info can be found on the website!
- Recital is at 10am on 12/9!
- We are going to the star on Tuesday at 8pm! Come join everyone!
- Talk to Nate if you’re on a payment plan for dues!
- Nate and Bennett will be meeting with the band directors tomorrow to discuss what we will do with the $2000 we have allocated!
- Ahnika and Tate have been continuing to learn more and more about the piece that the Midwest District will help commission – keep an eye out for more details!
- Nate Nickrent is singing in a chorus alongside the Denver Gay Men’s Chorus! Come support your brother this Friday at 8pm at the First United Methodist Church in Boulder!
Now for some important business items:
- Every exec member read/discussed their reports to the chapter today! You can read the reports by clicking here.
- We discussed the probationary status of several brothers and voted on statuses.
- Welcome back Jack Huggard and Nate Nickrent!
- We had a thorough discussion on the meeting proposal Gena wrote and voted on it.
- As a brief summary of discussion, we discussed:
- How attendance will be taken and requirements of participation.
- Time commitments to committees and established some more requirements for a fluid committee to be created.
- Defined some terms in the proposal that seemed unclear or necessary to clear up.
- It passed by a unanimous vote!
- We also discussed a new meeting time for next semester.
- It was voted to make our bi-weekly meetings later than 5pm on Sunday evenings, meaning our official meeting times will be at 6pm on Sundays!
We then held elections for our music, service, and brotherhood chairs. Congrats to Leo Borasio, Gena Rumsey, and Andrew DePree on their elections of brotherhood, service, and music chairs respectfully!
Here are some closing announcements!
- Holidayfest is coming up this next weekend – come get your tickets and support your brothers!
- Andrew is selling two tickets, contact him if interested.
- Please talk to Nate about your dues if you’re on a payment plan (yes I said this earlier but it’s important!)
- Allison is studying abroad next semester and wanted to thank all of you for making her years in Kappa so pleasant – thank you Allison for all that you’ve done!
That’s all for today! Good luck on finals, have a happy holiday, take some time to relax this upcoming break, and we will see you in January 2018 (but first this Tuesday at the Boulder Star at 8pm and at recital on Saturday at 10am)!
See you all for our final meeting of the semester at 4pm in our usual room!
Don’t forget to bring your clicker! If you don’t have one, ask to borrow a friend’s. It does not need to be linked to your student account.
Hello brothers! Hope you had a relaxing thanksgiving break and got all the relaxing done that you all deserved and needed. As I’m writing these mini-minutes, it’s Founder’s Day, so happy Founder’s Day! Our meeting yesterday covered lots of business items, so let’s get started!
Want more details on what we cover in meetings? Check out the full minutes!
Exec Meeting Minutes
Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Shoutout to Carrie and Josh for going to Mines’ ritual!
- Shoutout to the Buffs for trying (I guess) during this past weekend
- Shoutout to Mines for putting on a great first degree!
- Shoutout to the band banquet committee for putting on such a successful band banquet!
- Shoutout to Maddie especially for all the work that she put into band banquet!
- Shoutout to Hannah and the software for helping price Harvey instruments for our benefit!
- Shoutout to my hairdresser (I’ll let her know that you all appreciated her work)
- Also shoutout to Ahnika for taking minutes for me when I was playing at the basketball game!
Here are some annoucements from your exec team:
- UNC’s Third Degree was yesterday! Hope everyone who attended enjoyed it!
- The Fall Report is on the website, check it out and see all that we’ve done this semester!
- Trevor will have two shifts of digitization this Thursday from 6-7:15 and 7:30-8:45 – come help digitize!
- Recital is on the 9th, so make sure you sign up!
- Pstuesday this week will be going to see Coco at 9:30pm!
- Orchestra concert is this Thursday in Macky at 7:30pm – come support your brothers!
- Caroling/Band Music committees – look out for a Facebook message this week!
- If you’re interested in joining the ritual committee, talk to Brandon!
- Mines has a band concert this Friday at 7pm in the Green Center (“if you don’t like choir, come like an hour later” – Jaydee from mines)
We covered lots of other business items today as well.
- We voted to move two brothers to probationary status. Please remember to report your attendance to Kristina – unexcused or excused – she needs to know!
- Additionally, remember that performances are excused!
- We reconsidered a vote for one potential MC and extended another invite!
- Shoutout to Jesse for handling this situation and initiating the conversation!
- We nominated lots of brothers for music, service, and brotherhood chairs! #JustAcceptIt
- Nate proposed an amendment for our constitution regarding the election procedure, specifically modifying the means of collecting votes and making it actually legal to use clickers!
- We read a proposal by Gena for a change to the structure of our meetings for the next semester.
- General chapter meetings would be biweekly while committees would meet outside of Kappa to talk and plan on their own terms.
- We will be discussing this next week during the elections meeting!
That’s all for this week – have a great week brothers and hope all goes well!
If you’re wondering what all we did this semester, so is Nationals! Here is the report submitted to the National Chapter about all the things we did this semester.
Fall 2017 Activity Report for Alpha Iota [KKY] – KKY
For your future reference and viewing pleasure, here is the Skype conversation we had with the Kappa Kappa Psi National President, Evan Thompson, on November 12th, 2017! Any time you’d like to reference it, you can click on its tag in the tag cloud on the sidebar of the website.
Hello everyone! The marching season has officially drawn to a close (but post season???) and band banquet was a success! Shoutout to Maddie and her band banquet committee, Conner and his trading card committee, and Leo with his amazing slide show that made everything possible!
Our meeting was relatively short, so here are some announcements you should know about:
- Please sign up for repsital! The sign-ups are on the website and need to be completed ASAP. Repsital will be at 10am on 12/9!
- This week’s Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays will be at Mod Market at 7:30pm! Come join us!
- Gabi will be holding a Pstuesdays during break, so keep posted!
- The Rachmaninoff CSO Concert will be this Sunday at 1pm! Come join us!
- Thank you to Stazie, Jalen, and Colby for helping Brandon assemble bid letters! Talk to Carrie if you would like to help distribute bid letters on Wednesday!
- IMPORTANT: Elections have been moved to 12/3 at 4pm. Nominations will be on 11/26. Remember that you must attend Elections! Talk to Kristina if you have any questions.
- UNC’s Third Degree will be on 11/26 at 7pm!
- Mines’ First Degree will be on 11/18 at 9am!
- Please sign up to take Glory! She needs a loving home each week! Signups are on the website.
- Digitization will be held this Thursday at 7pm! Come help digitize!
At this point, we had the amazing opportunity to talk to our National President, Evan Thompson! We learned lots about the changes to ritual, some of the history of ritual, and what we can do better as a chapter to hold ritual to the highest.
Thank you all! Have a great break and pray for a bowl game!
Hello brothers! Congrats on surviving this entire week! It has been so much fun to meet our potential new members and to spend time with all of you at retreat and I can’t wait to see where the chapter will be heading in the next couple of months! Today’s meeting focused on voting for MCCs (membership candidate candidates), so not much will be written here, but here are some important takeaways from our meeting today!
Exec Meeting Minutes
Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Shoutout to everyone who changed their profile pictures this week! It truly helped getting the word out to everyone and made getting to events much easier!
- Shoutout to Carrie for organizing recruitment week! It went incredibly well and all of us are so proud of the amount of time and work that went into this amazing week.
- Shoutout to Maddie for organizing Service night, Leo for organizing staycation, and the residents of the Sax Shack for letting everyone come over!
- Shoutout to Riley and Maddie for making breakfast for everyone at staycation (and most importantly, leaving the kitchen cleaner than what it was before)!
- Shoutout to Andrew for putting Conducting Clinic together!
- Shoutout to everyone who helped with digitization last week!
- Shoutout to Jesse for being at the meeting on his birthday!
- Shoutout to everyone who attended recruitment week events!
- Shoutout to Carrie and Conner for making the MCCs slideshow for today’s meeting!
Here are some important announcements!
- Next meeting is a Skype-in with the president, Evan Thompson! Be here at 1pm, note this time difference!
- UNC’s Third Degree is at 7pm on 11/26! Attend if you would like!
- Mines’ First Degree is at 9am on 11/18! Attend if you would like!
- Houston update! Kristina has sent an email to the crowdfunding website to get more information. Once we get a response from them, we can start making more progress, but for now, we are currently waiting for the crowdfunding group before we can continue.
- The next digitization event is this Thursday from 7-8:45pm!
- We will be attending CSO’s Rachmaninoff concert between 11/17-11/19. Vote on the poll on Facebook for the best date/time!
- Please make sure to sign up for recitals! We want the spring semester to be for MCs, so make sure you try this semester if you can!
- Psnack bag making will be this Wednesday at 6:45pm for the USC pep band.
- Boutonnieres and corsages will be made on Sunday morning with a setup for band banquet starting at 2pm on the day of band banquet – please come and help out!
- This week’s Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays will be a pstudy session starting at 5pm!
- Glory needs a home! Please consider signing up for a date by clicking on the sign-ups tab on the website!
At this point in the meeting, we discussed every survey response and voted on whether or not we will extend an invitation to the MCC. Please read the minutes for further information. We will be sending out 23 invitations!
That’s all for today, thank you all for all you do!
Sunday 11/5: is a required meeting! We will be voting on whether or not to accept people as MCs (I.e. send them a bid letter). This will be the only business for Sunday.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
– K. Lu
My deepest apologies for the confustion regarding this weekend. The meeting at retreat is not required (I.e. count against your attendance) but we will likely do committees and perhaps more survey discussion!
Happy Hallow’s Eve Eve everyone! Hope everyone had a great week and is ready for Halloween! Get ready to meet some future brothers this week as we get into recruitment week! We discussed a lot of important items of business today so let’s get started!
(Side note: thank you all for your comments today during the meeting! I do appreciate all the feedback and all the words you all have to say. I will be looking into getting emails sent out ASAP should this be a project we are willing to pursue and ensure that you guys have a better knowledge of what goes on inside committees. In the meantime, please feel free to subscribe to the website, that way, you will get an email notification whenever Kristina or I post to the page! I love my brothers so much and thank you all for this opportunity as your secretary!)
Want the full details of today’s executive and chapter meeting? Here are the full minutes!
Executive Meeting Minutes
Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Shoutout to Bennett for surviving a gameday with his injuries!
- Shoutout to Maddie for all her hard work with band banquet!
- Shoutout to Helen, Lily, and Allison for helping out with digitization last week!
- Shoutout to Maddie for getting a dustpan! #nomorepizzaboxes
- Shoutout to everyone who helped clean up C199 and the band room yesterday after the game!
- Shoutout to Carrie for all her recruitment week work! Get hyped for this next coming week!
Here are some announcements/updates from your executive team!
- Please change your profile pictures on Facebook to this photo! It only has to stay for this week and it will help recruit brothers, so please do!
- Remember this week that you must attend at least two recruitment week events in order to vote on the future brothers!
- If you know someone who would make a good brother, please invite them to the events on Facebook or talk to them in person.
- Ritual dates will be put in the calendar by the end of today! The dates are: Feb 4th, 25th, and Mar 11th. These will take place in the Music Theater.
- Thank you to Colby, Jack, and Gabi for volunteering to be the point-people for flowers for band banquet! #cweet
- Regarding the Houston project, Tate Carrie, and Kristina got to meet with the band director and discuss some more information regarding the list of items she requested.
- A majority of the items on the list will be covered by insurance luckily. The items she needs the most are auxiliary percussion instruments.
- For these instruments, she gave us possible vendors to purchase these instruments from in the Houston area.
- Kristina will be working to get a video put together with collaboration from the band director.
- In addition to today’s agenda, we discussed and voted on the probationary status of some members who have missed more than 3 meetings. They will be required to attend every meeting up to the elections while completing three of the digitization events.
Most importantly, we discussed the mid-semester check in results, so here are some of the main points of discussion we had:
- Our brothers’ well-being is fairly good! We do have some brothers on the negative end of the spectrum, so please be considerate of other people. Not everyone is doing so great, so make sure you know this!
- People generally feel good about how Kappa is going and what Kappa has been doing this year differently than others. People do rate their personal involvement in the middle of the road but people feel valued and respected for their opinions!
- We discussed Round Robin – is a way to get more people to speak or taking to much time? We talked about next semester being a time to experiment with other means of input from the chapter, including Google Surveys, etc.
- In addition to experimentation next semester, the idea of maybe bi-weekly meetings came up with extra committee time during the week. In addition, some requests for the minutes/notification by email were suggested.
- We discussed how attendance to outside activities tends to be the same amount of people every single time and with little exec representation.
- Maybe we should be doing more activities on more days of the week?
- We also discussed getting people more involved. Some people have really good ideas but also need to remember that they can take initiative for their own projects! If you’re interested in starting something, don’t be afraid to ask!
- Shoutout to Colby for helping start a caroling group!
- For next week, we will discuss some more information regarding changing the meeting time and other comments that were made towards the end of the survey.
That’s all for this week! Thank you all for all that you do and I hope that you guys have an amazing week!
Hello brothers! Hope everyone has had a great week as we progress into round two of midterms! Keep up with all your homework and exams, but take some time for yourself! This week’s meeting was short and sweet, so let’s get started!
- Shoutout to the brothers who went on the hike yesterday! They broke their record of seeing 28 dogs and saw 33 and 1 cat!
- Shoutout to Ahnika and Andrew for attending the CSO concert today!
- Shoutout to Trevor, Hannah, Eric, Spencer, and Lily for helping with the first digitization session!
- Shoutout to Lily for posting all the adventures with Glory to Snapchat last week!
- Shoutout to Gabi for filling with when Helen needed help last week!
- Happy birthday Hannah!
- And most importantly, shoutout to all you brothers for surviving your first round of midterms and being here!
Now for some announcements from your exec team!
- November 12 is our Skype session with the national president! This begins at 1pm so make sure you are there!
- Concert Band is performing tomorrow at 7:30pm in Grusin! Come support your fellow brothers!
- UNC’s Third Degree was moved to 11/26 at 7pm! Come if you are interested.
- Please please please make sure to fill out the mid-semester check-in form! You can find it by clicking here.
- Remember that you must attend at least two recruitment week events!
- Tonight is the next digitization night! Keep posted on the Facebook page for the third digitization event!
- If you want access to the archives, contact Trevor!
- Conducting Clinic is on November 4th, however, with a time conflict with the Women’s Basketball game, it will be moved to 11am. If you notice any major schedule conflicts with this, please contact Andrew right away!
- Andrew needs people to announce about Conducting Clinic at all music major/band events! Please announce in NAfME, band rehearsals, to your studios, etc.
- The signup for the 12/9 recital is on the website or by clicking here.
- Thanks for going to Chipotle last week! This week will be bowling at the Connection, so stay posted!
- Please vote in the Staycation poll regarding dinner as soon as possible!
- Cal’s band will not be coming sadly, however, USC will still be bringing a band so we will be making snack packs for them.
- Band Banquet planning is underway! If you have any ideas regarding decorations, please contact Maddie!
- Sign up for taking care of Glory throughout the week! Signups are on the website or by clicking here.
We broke up into committees for the remainder of the meeting. Here is what we discussed:
- The Houston Relief committee discussed the list that the band director sent across. Kristina will be communicating further with the director to see what she would like us to purchase!
- In addition, Boise State (thanks to Gabi) has given us some help on how to run a dance-a-thon that could help us fundraise lots of money for this cause or another!
- The band banquet discussed some ideas for decorations and activities.
- They talked about having a photo booth (in which if you have prop ideas, talk to Maddie!), awards, and trading cards!
- Decorations will be birthday themed for Ralphie’s birthday. If you have any other ideas for decorations, please contact Maddie!
- In the Staycation committee, they discussed ideas and plans for the activities that we will do!
- Bring your favorite board game!
- We will be hiking near Flagstaff, so if you have any ideas for trails, let Leo know.
- We will watch a movie, make smoreos, etc.
- Please make sure to vote on the dinner poll!
- In the PR committee, they discussed some more information about getting Kappa out to the public, especially during recruitment week.
- A list was made of all that Kappa does and will be posted on the board, etc.
- Cards will be made that outline all the activities for recruitment week!
- Polls will be made to show how many of us are in ensembles outside of band, are music majors, etc.
- Brother of the week will be posted alongside Throwback Thursdays and other events! Make sure you’re following the Instagram so you can see all these posts!
Some closing announcements from your brothers:
- Andrew and Hannah are playing in the Opera, “The Married Widow”! Come support your brothers!
- Make sure you’re keeping up with your payment plans for dues!
That’s all for this week! Thank you and have a great rest of your week!