Happy Hallow’s Eve Eve everyone! Hope everyone had a great week and is ready for Halloween! Get ready to meet some future brothers this week as we get into recruitment week! We discussed a lot of important items of business today so let’s get started!
(Side note: thank you all for your comments today during the meeting! I do appreciate all the feedback and all the words you all have to say. I will be looking into getting emails sent out ASAP should this be a project we are willing to pursue and ensure that you guys have a better knowledge of what goes on inside committees. In the meantime, please feel free to subscribe to the website, that way, you will get an email notification whenever Kristina or I post to the page! I love my brothers so much and thank you all for this opportunity as your secretary!)
Want the full details of today’s executive and chapter meeting? Here are the full minutes!
Executive Meeting Minutes
Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Shoutout to Bennett for surviving a gameday with his injuries!
- Shoutout to Maddie for all her hard work with band banquet!
- Shoutout to Helen, Lily, and Allison for helping out with digitization last week!
- Shoutout to Maddie for getting a dustpan! #nomorepizzaboxes
- Shoutout to everyone who helped clean up C199 and the band room yesterday after the game!
- Shoutout to Carrie for all her recruitment week work! Get hyped for this next coming week!
Here are some announcements/updates from your executive team!
- Please change your profile pictures on Facebook to this photo! It only has to stay for this week and it will help recruit brothers, so please do!
- Remember this week that you must attend at least two recruitment week events in order to vote on the future brothers!
- If you know someone who would make a good brother, please invite them to the events on Facebook or talk to them in person.
- Ritual dates will be put in the calendar by the end of today! The dates are: Feb 4th, 25th, and Mar 11th. These will take place in the Music Theater.
- Thank you to Colby, Jack, and Gabi for volunteering to be the point-people for flowers for band banquet! #cweet
- Regarding the Houston project, Tate Carrie, and Kristina got to meet with the band director and discuss some more information regarding the list of items she requested.
- A majority of the items on the list will be covered by insurance luckily. The items she needs the most are auxiliary percussion instruments.
- For these instruments, she gave us possible vendors to purchase these instruments from in the Houston area.
- Kristina will be working to get a video put together with collaboration from the band director.
- In addition to today’s agenda, we discussed and voted on the probationary status of some members who have missed more than 3 meetings. They will be required to attend every meeting up to the elections while completing three of the digitization events.
Most importantly, we discussed the mid-semester check in results, so here are some of the main points of discussion we had:
- Our brothers’ well-being is fairly good! We do have some brothers on the negative end of the spectrum, so please be considerate of other people. Not everyone is doing so great, so make sure you know this!
- People generally feel good about how Kappa is going and what Kappa has been doing this year differently than others. People do rate their personal involvement in the middle of the road but people feel valued and respected for their opinions!
- We discussed Round Robin – is a way to get more people to speak or taking to much time? We talked about next semester being a time to experiment with other means of input from the chapter, including Google Surveys, etc.
- In addition to experimentation next semester, the idea of maybe bi-weekly meetings came up with extra committee time during the week. In addition, some requests for the minutes/notification by email were suggested.
- We discussed how attendance to outside activities tends to be the same amount of people every single time and with little exec representation.
- Maybe we should be doing more activities on more days of the week?
- We also discussed getting people more involved. Some people have really good ideas but also need to remember that they can take initiative for their own projects! If you’re interested in starting something, don’t be afraid to ask!
- Shoutout to Colby for helping start a caroling group!
- For next week, we will discuss some more information regarding changing the meeting time and other comments that were made towards the end of the survey.
That’s all for this week! Thank you all for all that you do and I hope that you guys have an amazing week!
Hello brothers! Hope everyone has had a great week as we progress into round two of midterms! Keep up with all your homework and exams, but take some time for yourself! This week’s meeting was short and sweet, so let’s get started!
- Shoutout to the brothers who went on the hike yesterday! They broke their record of seeing 28 dogs and saw 33 and 1 cat!
- Shoutout to Ahnika and Andrew for attending the CSO concert today!
- Shoutout to Trevor, Hannah, Eric, Spencer, and Lily for helping with the first digitization session!
- Shoutout to Lily for posting all the adventures with Glory to Snapchat last week!
- Shoutout to Gabi for filling with when Helen needed help last week!
- Happy birthday Hannah!
- And most importantly, shoutout to all you brothers for surviving your first round of midterms and being here!
Now for some announcements from your exec team!
- November 12 is our Skype session with the national president! This begins at 1pm so make sure you are there!
- Concert Band is performing tomorrow at 7:30pm in Grusin! Come support your fellow brothers!
- UNC’s Third Degree was moved to 11/26 at 7pm! Come if you are interested.
- Please please please make sure to fill out the mid-semester check-in form! You can find it by clicking here.
- Remember that you must attend at least two recruitment week events!
- Tonight is the next digitization night! Keep posted on the Facebook page for the third digitization event!
- If you want access to the archives, contact Trevor!
- Conducting Clinic is on November 4th, however, with a time conflict with the Women’s Basketball game, it will be moved to 11am. If you notice any major schedule conflicts with this, please contact Andrew right away!
- Andrew needs people to announce about Conducting Clinic at all music major/band events! Please announce in NAfME, band rehearsals, to your studios, etc.
- The signup for the 12/9 recital is on the website or by clicking here.
- Thanks for going to Chipotle last week! This week will be bowling at the Connection, so stay posted!
- Please vote in the Staycation poll regarding dinner as soon as possible!
- Cal’s band will not be coming sadly, however, USC will still be bringing a band so we will be making snack packs for them.
- Band Banquet planning is underway! If you have any ideas regarding decorations, please contact Maddie!
- Sign up for taking care of Glory throughout the week! Signups are on the website or by clicking here.
We broke up into committees for the remainder of the meeting. Here is what we discussed:
- The Houston Relief committee discussed the list that the band director sent across. Kristina will be communicating further with the director to see what she would like us to purchase!
- In addition, Boise State (thanks to Gabi) has given us some help on how to run a dance-a-thon that could help us fundraise lots of money for this cause or another!
- The band banquet discussed some ideas for decorations and activities.
- They talked about having a photo booth (in which if you have prop ideas, talk to Maddie!), awards, and trading cards!
- Decorations will be birthday themed for Ralphie’s birthday. If you have any other ideas for decorations, please contact Maddie!
- In the Staycation committee, they discussed ideas and plans for the activities that we will do!
- Bring your favorite board game!
- We will be hiking near Flagstaff, so if you have any ideas for trails, let Leo know.
- We will watch a movie, make smoreos, etc.
- Please make sure to vote on the dinner poll!
- In the PR committee, they discussed some more information about getting Kappa out to the public, especially during recruitment week.
- A list was made of all that Kappa does and will be posted on the board, etc.
- Cards will be made that outline all the activities for recruitment week!
- Polls will be made to show how many of us are in ensembles outside of band, are music majors, etc.
- Brother of the week will be posted alongside Throwback Thursdays and other events! Make sure you’re following the Instagram so you can see all these posts!
Some closing announcements from your brothers:
- Andrew and Hannah are playing in the Opera, “The Married Widow”! Come support your brothers!
- Make sure you’re keeping up with your payment plans for dues!
That’s all for this week! Thank you and have a great rest of your week!
Hey everyone, I apologize for the late posting of mini-minutes but I decided that getting sick was a better option for last night. I hope you all are getting through the semester great and hopefully not feeling like I am!
Let’s start off with some shoutouts!
- Conner, Nate, Spencer, Colby, Carrie, and Maddie helped cleaned practice rooms last week!
- Conner worked almost a total of 80 hours helping out with Rockies fundraising!
- Thank to everyone who helped with the Summer Music Academy and Chris Huls’ recital last week!
- Trevor started Fun Fact Fridays!
- Gabi met with Kristina and helped make some plans that will shape Kappa for the better!
- CU beat Texas State in our home opener (skoooo)
off to the PAC-12 championships
Some important announcements:
- If you don’t go by the name that is on your Kappa certificate or membership card, talk to Kristina! For a small fee (or nationals can even cover the fee), you can change your name.
- Dues will be due on September 24th. $135 for anyone who didn’t complete Rockies games, or $110 for anyone who did work at Rockies games. If you want $25 back, help Trevor with archives in the next coming weeks (three 2-3 hour sessions on Sunday Nights). Make sure dues are paid from last year ASAP!
- Conditional letters are due by September 17th. You must write a letter to the chapter to ask why you seek conditional status and what you plan to do to stay involved. On September 24th, each letter will be voted on and Dr. Roeder will give his seal of approval. Work is not a valid reason to go conditional!
- The Center for Student Involvement is hosting the Core Leadership Program, including sessions that will be held Tuesdays, 3:30-5:00pm starting September 19th or Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30pm starting September 20th. You get to attend an overnight retreat in Estes Park on October 14th-15th and it’s free! Registration closes on the 15th, so register/talk to Kristina for further concerns. Click here for registration info!
- A new Jurisdiction Committee will be created that will review the Constitution and clean up anything that we either don’t abide by or don’t need anymore. Nate will lead this standing committee over the next coming weeks. Commitment is important as this is a weekly ordeal!
- Carrie is creating a membership committee, in which you will help plan lessons for degrees/rituals, etc. Talk to Carrie if you’re interested!
- Spencer is helping begin the Alumni Association and is preparing to gauge interest among alumni.
- Trevor would love some input on snacks (opinions, dietary concerns, etc). He is also digitizing the scrapbook this year so make sure you are taking lots of photos. The Archive project will begin shortly on Sunday Nights, including scanning onto hard drives, snacks, and brotherhood.
- Andrew put reception sign ups on the Facebook group page. Conducting clinic will be on November 4th! A committee will be coming soon to further discuss CSO concerts. The tentative date for recital is December 9th, in which current brothers should complete this date rather than the later dates!
- Leo is planning for a Staycation retreat November 3rd and 4th, including a sleepover and midnight hike! This week’s KKPstuesdays will be at BJ’s for Pizookies!
- Maddie is beginning a signup sheet for cleaning the band room after games soon. Since we are not doing CU Band Day this year, we can take on a larger service project, so stay tuned!
- Gabi has adopted a mascot (as so generously donated by Carrie). Name suggestions are on the Facebook page. Check out the Facebook page for Snapchat usernames for streaks, and remember the longest streak at the end of the semester wins. The Instagram has been utilized and send Gabi photos so that your throwback thursday photos can be posted!
our mascot’s first C4C dinner ❤
We also voted on the budget this meeting. Check out the Google Drive for the full line-by-line item breakdown of the budget. The important things to note include:
- Starting Budget: $10,820
- Music Service (meaning money that benefits the College of Music such as tuba covers) was changed from $2,000-$2,500
- Commissioning Fund (meaning money that was stored away for future members to use to commission a piece) was changed from $1,000 to $1,500
- Travel Subsidies (what the chapter pays for travel to District/National events, including a possible per diem, hotel fees) was changed from $5,000 to $4,500.
We also quickly reviewed the calendar and highlighted some important dates:
- Band Banquet – November 12th
- Elections – November 26th
- Recruitment Week – October 31st to November 2nd, will include KKPstuesdays, Staycation, Conducting Clinic
Next week we will discuss the suggestion box and other fundraising activities such as Rockies.
Thank you all! Have a wonderful week!
Hey hey, Jade here, the year’s coming to a close here’s an update on the rest of it:
- We had nominations for next semester’s executive positions today, that took up most of the meeting time (don’t be afraid to run for something!)
- Elections will be next week on Sunday 4/30 starting at noon, the meeting can go ’til 6pm (it will most likely not make it near that time)
- more info on running will come from Kristina this week
- if you are considering running for a position talk to the person currently in that role, to gain a better understanding of what you’ll need to do and what your platform should include
- Bring your clickers to the meeting!
- Next week is recital! Saturday 4/29 at 6:30pm Update the spreadsheet with whatever work you are planning on performing, so that Carrie can figure out the program.
it’s gonna be wild
- Finish signing up for your Rockies games if you are involved in that project, we need ya.
- This is a big one – we have voted to submit a bid to host district convention, this will be a huge step for our chapter! I’m so excited for our future endeavors.
- If you are considering going to national convention the deadline to commit is May 13th (if you want to go with brothers from our chapter)
Shoutouts for the week;
- Nice job to everyone at the band concerts this week
dis was me in the audience during concert band and wind symphony, and while playing the Ticheli
- Conner has managed to keep service projects going even though we haven’t had meetings, how cool is that?almost as cool as this lil animal
- also thanks to everyone that has been making their ways to the service activities
- Thanks to the scholarship committee for reading all of the applications in such a swift manner
- Good job to our new brothers finishing up their PM service project, keep kicking y’all
- Josh helped Carrie and Andrew record their NIB auditions, what a guy.
See you all next weekend for a couple of days full of kappa! Good luck on this week’s rehearsals and preparations for recital and elections :)!
Exec had a quick meeting tonight just to review everything that is coming up this month I’ll start with the big dates first of all:
- 4/8-4/9 – Retreat! this weekend
- We still need one more driver, talk to Tate if you can drive
- 4/15 – Conducting Clinic is from 12-2 and Make-up third degree is at 6
- we need percussionists! but even if you aren’t a percussionist, sign up, and get your friends to sign up. srsly
- No meeting 4/16, because Easter.
- 4/23 – Meeting at 5pm – Nominations meeting!
- 4/29 – Kappa Recital at 6:30pm
- You should be prepping for your performances!
- 4/30 – Spring Elections
- if you are interested in running for a position, don’t hesitate to start talking to whoever holds that position now!
Now for your regular mini-minutes;
- Updates from convention:
- We won the ritual scholarship! We will discuss in our next meeting how to use these moneys (Thanks Stazie!!)
- We may consider trying to host district convention next year?? We’ll talk about it.
- Shoutout to Tate and Ahnika for being elected as district officers!
- And; shoutout to Nate Page and Hannah Rieder for doing a great job representing our chapter even as newer members
so proud of our bros
- The Rockies fundraiser is kicking, nice job to everyone involved, we are all done with training, solid start.
this photo is not at all relevant… but isn’t it tho?
- The “Strive for the Highest Scholarship” apps are in review by the committee, they will be announced at the last band concerts
- T-shirts (CU Honor Band) will be ordered, and the shipping process will begin being planned in the next couple of days
As always full minutes are located on the website, but all of your important dates and such are here, go #teamfun, go buffs.
Just a few announcements today, our meeting mostly consisted of final voting for our fantastic PM class;
- It’s not too late to contact Bennett to sign up for the Rockies games this summer! This is going to be awesome for our chapter. We just want to make the band program this happy-
- The stand repair service project is rolling, more info on this from Conner soon!
- We will also be helping Roeder with a (mini) music library service project
- Retreat (April 8-9) will be $35! You can pay the financial team now if you know you’re going. No doubt, it will literally be the best retreat in the history of Kappa… Kappa… Psi.
- This weekend is Third Degree – 6pm on Saturday, there is no meeting this week.
See you all at Third Degree, hope you have a nice week :)!
shoutout to Josh and Helen for this gem from today’s meeting –
Hey everyone, here are the big things you need to know from tonight’s meeting;
- GET PUMPED – Kappa Kappa Ps’moreos is this Thursday! Let Tate know if you’re coming.
- also bring your fave board games
- Third degree is March 25th – Stazie will be sending out a sign-up soon (to the actives) for readers
- Sign up for recital ASAP (hard deadline is March 19th, but you could start prepping)
- PMs turn in your dues if you can! You can still get a refund if you decide not to join Kappa, we just need to get our numbers in order. At least let the financial team know your plan. Our lovely Bennett’s feeling like dis-
- WE GOT THE BEAUJOS CHECK THO
- We have paid for the tuba covers, and Dr. Roeder is very thankful for our helping of the band program! We are really making ourselves known, it’s exciting
this Josh won.
- Make-up MEPs will be sent out tonight by Brandon
- Shoutout to these amazing bros; Andrew – Congrats on your recital! MUSICIANSHIP; Ahnika – you’re really taking care of this CU Honor Band t-shirt extravaganza, we appreciate you; Spencer, Nate, and Maddie – you are all off to a great start with Kappa, keep up the good work.; And, nice job to all the PMs on the family trees, Jalen loves you all.
- Lastly, we had a long discussion on our mid-semester check in survey. I took detailed notes and you can find them in the full minutes (on this website that I believe in more than life itself). Overall, just know you have brothers here for you that are ready to listen, we got your back no matter what.
See you all next week! No MEP, just an exec meeting at 4pm and regular meeting at 5pm, love you all, have a good week!
- Retreat is April 8-9, more info on this coming soon
- Theme for this semester is pixar, it’s gonna be a great time
- 3rd degree and make up 2nd degree are March 25th
- make up third degree is April 15th, same day as conducting clinic (a whole day of Kappa, wooo!)
- PMs MUST attend one of these two third degree dates
- We are going to spend the summer fundraising at Rockies games! Let Bennett know if you are interested in helping out, this is a great opportunity for our chapter.
- WE GOT THE PIZZA REV CHECK!
- Let all of your band/music major friends know about the Scholarship!
- Upload your kappa pictures to the kappa website. It’ll help Jalen pull together our chapter’s scrapbook for convention
(pictures such as this one)
- If you are auditioning for the NIB, heads up that you have a month to learn your audition rep before we start recording
- Andrew’s junior recital is this weekend, Saturday at 7:30 in Grusin. Come out to support our brother
- Talk to Floyd to register for convention, after today the registration fee goes up $10
- The money request form is now available on the kappa website, fill it out anytime you need to request money from kappa, pretty simple.
- PM dues would be much appreciated $145 to Bennett, you can get a refund if you end up deciding not to join kappa
- 23 hugs are still unclaimed from Conner, hit him up.
See you all next week for an MEP at 4pm and meeting at 5pm in UMC 382-384!
Hope you all have a nice week, good luck on all of your endeavors, stay positive, love you all.
Hello all! A lot of announcements today, so many cool things happening in our chapter, here we go:
- If you want to attend Midwest District Convention (March 31st- April 2nd) you need to tell Floyd by Wednesday!
- He will register for you, and you will need to pay Bennett the registration fee – $35.75 (10 more bucks if you wait another week)
- Look out for a mid-semester survey coming to you from Kristina this week
- The financial team will now be using a money request form to organize payments, fill one of these out whenever you need to pay Kappa or charge Kappa for anything.
- Everyone make sure you have signed up for receptions
- Let Carrie know by Tuesday if you want to attend the CSO Pokemon Evolutions concert March 9th
- Also talk to Carrie if you want to audition for the NIB (National Intercollegiate Band)
- Nice job to all on CU Honor Band
- you may retrieve a hug from Conner if interested
- And FINALLY; congrats to Spencer, Maddie, and Nate for being elected into the PM exec committee, the future’s looking real bright y’all.
See you all next Sunday at 4pm for the MEP and 5 for the meeting! (back at good ole’ UMC 382-384)
- CU Honor Band is this weekend! There is still a few spots open, sign up to help out!
- Recital is officially April 29th at 6:30pm (Sign up available soon)
- Next meeting is Sunday the 26th at 5pm in UMC 247 (new room!)
- MEP at 4pm in the same room
- Sign up for receptions!
- Sign up for district convention is on the district page, it’s gonna be a great time.
Congrats on a great second degree! It was awesome, and the PMs are awesome. Woo!