Just a quick memo about status changes. If you for any reason have decided to not continue with Kappa this semester, email/text/message Kristina ASAP to talk about options. You do not have to explain why, but we don’t want to lose a brother because of a miscommunication or lack of knowledge of options to stay involved but at a less intense scale. This needs to be reported in the next week so the Chapter Summary Report can be reported to Nationals.
Additionally, conditional letters for the fall semester are due on the 17th – no exceptions. Members seeking conditional status must write a letter to the chapter explaining the reason for going conditional, what they plan to do for the chapter in their absence, etc. Conditional members must still pay dues. We will vote on each candidates status at the September 17th meeting, but the ultimate decision must be approved by Dr. Roeder. As a reminder, work does not qualify as a valid reason for seeking conditional status.
For more information on what your conditional letter should include, please reference the Constitution.
Hey brothers! First mini minutes of the year! I hope to follow in Jade’s footsteps in making these minutes fun and continue our (family) tradition of minute memes. Let’s get started!
Because of 50% absence today, this meeting will not count towards the three unexcused absences allotted for our chapter.
- The new Road to Wisdom program now includes pronouns!
- Amazing job to everyone who helped with all the Kappa events throughout band camp, especially without any meetings!
- Bennett did a killer job with fundraising this summer, giving us tons of money to do some great projects with!
- Conner has been amazing at working these games this summer, going above and beyond to work as many games as possible!
- Thanks to everyone who represented Alpha Iota this summer at NatCon! We can’t wait to hear what you have to learn from this amazing experience.
look at those amazing brothers
Today, we discussed our requirements for being a brother of our chapter. Each brother must adhere to the following goals and expectations:
- Each brother can have three unexcused absences with two Skype-ins. Absences are excused if they are for family emergencies, extreme illnesses, school events, etc. If you are concerned, text Kristina. Make sure all your absences are reported to her!
- Must assist at some concert receptions. The minimum requirement is unknown but will be determined.
- Recital participation is still required.
- CU Band Day is normally a requirement, but for this semester, it will not.
We also did some committee work today:
- Trevor (Historian) discussed his digitalization projects and parties that will be coming soon. In addition, scrapbook will become much easier for others to submit photos, etc.
- Leo (Brotherhood) discussed his goals for the position for the year, talking about retreat (staycation and a traveling vacation) depending on the semester, Kappa Tuesday events, and going beyond the chapter.
- Gabi (PR Chair) talked about their goals for the PR chair revamp, including some amazing ideas for the Snapchat and Instagram accounts. They brought some knowledge from NatCon, specifically on subjects surrounding mascots/family colors to increase bonding in our chapter.
- Carrie (VP) discussed what the Road to Wisdom program will bring to our chapter and helped set goals for what we view the ideal PM to be to bring into our chapter.
- If you are aware that you will be absent for a meeting, contact Kristina! Her phone number is 720-257-8312. Even if the absence is unexcused, please contact her!
- Follow our social media! You can find AI on most social media platforms using the handle kkyalphaiota.
- Kappa Kappa Pskate will be coming up on September 3rd! Keep an eye out and make sure you can attend this event to help spread the word on Kappa and the amazing things we do!
That’s all for today! It’s so good to be back with our Kappa family and I can’t wait to see what this semester will bring!
For Sunday, August 27th, our meeting time will be at 10:30 am. Exec will be at 8:30 (all are welcome). Room: Hellums 141. This is due to the conflict with uniform checkout.
Classes are about to begin and band camp is even closer! But this all means Kappa is also just around the bend!
Our first meeting will be on Sunday at 5pm on August 27th. Location is TBD because I cannot book rooms until closer to the start of term, so watch the calendar on the website and make sure you’re still subscribed to our text service (or text @kkyai to 81010).
I’ve created a Google Form to act as our “suggestion box” for anonymous comments, questions, and concerns. This will permanently live on our website as a tab at the top, so you can access it anytime, anywhere. Use it to submit ideas as well!
Best wishes and happy summers!
Vote on our delegate for NatCon! These are the people who are interested and will be there the whole time. https://goo.gl/forms/qZEXVCjkk6tyGwQQ2
If you are interested in being appointed to Ritual Chair, Financial Analyst, and/or Public Relations Chair, please write a brief paragraph (can be longer) addressing the following:
– Which position are you applying for?
– Why are you interested in applying for this position?
– What makes you qualified for this position?
– How can you bring passion to this position and inspire others through your leadership and passion?
– How do you plan on engaging the chapter through this position?
Here are the final announcements of the year!
- Shoutout to everyone who performed for a great job on recital! One of the best we’ve seen.
- specific shoutout to Carrie for putting the whole thing together
- We have voted to submit a bid with our brothers in Laramie to host district convention over there this year. We’re just gonna help them out, it turned out being the right choice for our chapter! Its gonna be… how do you say…. LIT.
- To the people involved with the Rockies fundraiser, check the facebook page, and show up when you’re supposed to, or find someone to cover for you, nice and simple.
Today were the elections for next semester’s executive committee! So many talented and passionate brothers ran and I am so proud of the determination in our chapter.
Here is next year’s exec team:
- President – Kristina Lu
- Vice President – Carrie Proctor
- Secretary – Spencer Bajcar
- Tresurer – Bennett Croft
- Historian – Trevor Borasio
- Music Chair – Andrew Depree
- Service Chair – Maddie McNamee
- Brotherhood Chair – Leo Borasio
Thanks for such a great year, I love you all, and am excited to see what you have all accomplished when I get back. I will leave you with two pictures of Joshua that speak to the variety of life’s experiences. I hope you all feel like Josh with chocy milk and yummy donuts everyday for the rest of your lives. See ya soon!
Elections are here! Things to remember:
- Be on time! We must have 75% of the chapter present to begin.
- Platforms are due by 10am Sunday
- You can find platforms here; look through them ahead of time!
- Bring you clicker!!
- Bring a snack/sack lunch! The meeting could go for several hours (we have the room booked until 6pm)
Hey hey, Jade here, the year’s coming to a close here’s an update on the rest of it:
- We had nominations for next semester’s executive positions today, that took up most of the meeting time (don’t be afraid to run for something!)
- Elections will be next week on Sunday 4/30 starting at noon, the meeting can go ’til 6pm (it will most likely not make it near that time)
- more info on running will come from Kristina this week
- if you are considering running for a position talk to the person currently in that role, to gain a better understanding of what you’ll need to do and what your platform should include
- Bring your clickers to the meeting!
- Next week is recital! Saturday 4/29 at 6:30pm Update the spreadsheet with whatever work you are planning on performing, so that Carrie can figure out the program.
it’s gonna be wild
- Finish signing up for your Rockies games if you are involved in that project, we need ya.
- This is a big one – we have voted to submit a bid to host district convention, this will be a huge step for our chapter! I’m so excited for our future endeavors.
- If you are considering going to national convention the deadline to commit is May 13th (if you want to go with brothers from our chapter)
Shoutouts for the week;
- Nice job to everyone at the band concerts this week
dis was me in the audience during concert band and wind symphony, and while playing the Ticheli
- Conner has managed to keep service projects going even though we haven’t had meetings, how cool is that?almost as cool as this lil animal
- also thanks to everyone that has been making their ways to the service activities
- Thanks to the scholarship committee for reading all of the applications in such a swift manner
- Good job to our new brothers finishing up their PM service project, keep kicking y’all
- Josh helped Carrie and Andrew record their NIB auditions, what a guy.
See you all next weekend for a couple of days full of kappa! Good luck on this week’s rehearsals and preparations for recital and elections :)!