Just a few announcements today, our meeting mostly consisted of final voting for our fantastic PM class;
- It’s not too late to contact Bennett to sign up for the Rockies games this summer! This is going to be awesome for our chapter. We just want to make the band program this happy-
- The stand repair service project is rolling, more info on this from Conner soon!
- We will also be helping Roeder with a (mini) music library service project
- Retreat (April 8-9) will be $35! You can pay the financial team now if you know you’re going. No doubt, it will literally be the best retreat in the history of Kappa… Kappa… Psi.
- This weekend is Third Degree – 6pm on Saturday, there is no meeting this week.
See you all at Third Degree, hope you have a nice week :)!
shoutout to Josh and Helen for this gem from today’s meeting –
Today actives and PMs will have separate meetings!
PMs: Your meeting will be in UMC 415. This is your time to work on your service project.
Actives: Meeting at 5pm in regular room. We will be voting on PM acceptances. We must have 75% of actives present. I (K.Lu) will not be present today as I have a design pitch in Lakewood for my studio during the meeting time; Brandon will be running the meeting. Additionally, if there is anything you’d like to bring up, message me as we will not be holding committees today.
The website is now outfitted with links to recital sign up, MuseScore, Membership Requirements, and a collaborative Second Degree Photo Album (add your photos!).
Hey everyone, here are the big things you need to know from tonight’s meeting;
- GET PUMPED – Kappa Kappa Ps’moreos is this Thursday! Let Tate know if you’re coming.
- also bring your fave board games
- Third degree is March 25th – Stazie will be sending out a sign-up soon (to the actives) for readers
- Sign up for recital ASAP (hard deadline is March 19th, but you could start prepping)
- PMs turn in your dues if you can! You can still get a refund if you decide not to join Kappa, we just need to get our numbers in order. At least let the financial team know your plan. Our lovely Bennett’s feeling like dis-
- WE GOT THE BEAUJOS CHECK THO
- We have paid for the tuba covers, and Dr. Roeder is very thankful for our helping of the band program! We are really making ourselves known, it’s exciting
this Josh won.
- Make-up MEPs will be sent out tonight by Brandon
- Shoutout to these amazing bros; Andrew – Congrats on your recital! MUSICIANSHIP; Ahnika – you’re really taking care of this CU Honor Band t-shirt extravaganza, we appreciate you; Spencer, Nate, and Maddie – you are all off to a great start with Kappa, keep up the good work.; And, nice job to all the PMs on the family trees, Jalen loves you all.
- Lastly, we had a long discussion on our mid-semester check in survey. I took detailed notes and you can find them in the full minutes (on this website that I believe in more than life itself). Overall, just know you have brothers here for you that are ready to listen, we got your back no matter what.
See you all next week! No MEP, just an exec meeting at 4pm and regular meeting at 5pm, love you all, have a good week!
Share your thoughts and experiences about Kappa this semester! Please fill out by Sunday, March 12. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts! (PM’s this is mainly for active members; so please don’t fill it out, but you will be welcome to join in the discussion in meeting Sunday).
- Retreat is April 8-9, more info on this coming soon
- Theme for this semester is pixar, it’s gonna be a great time
- 3rd degree and make up 2nd degree are March 25th
- make up third degree is April 15th, same day as conducting clinic (a whole day of Kappa, wooo!)
- PMs MUST attend one of these two third degree dates
- We are going to spend the summer fundraising at Rockies games! Let Bennett know if you are interested in helping out, this is a great opportunity for our chapter.
- WE GOT THE PIZZA REV CHECK!
- Let all of your band/music major friends know about the Scholarship!
- Upload your kappa pictures to the kappa website. It’ll help Jalen pull together our chapter’s scrapbook for convention
(pictures such as this one)
- If you are auditioning for the NIB, heads up that you have a month to learn your audition rep before we start recording
- Andrew’s junior recital is this weekend, Saturday at 7:30 in Grusin. Come out to support our brother
- Talk to Floyd to register for convention, after today the registration fee goes up $10
- The money request form is now available on the kappa website, fill it out anytime you need to request money from kappa, pretty simple.
- PM dues would be much appreciated $145 to Bennett, you can get a refund if you end up deciding not to join kappa
- 23 hugs are still unclaimed from Conner, hit him up.
See you all next week for an MEP at 4pm and meeting at 5pm in UMC 382-384!
Hope you all have a nice week, good luck on all of your endeavors, stay positive, love you all.
Hello all! A lot of announcements today, so many cool things happening in our chapter, here we go:
- If you want to attend Midwest District Convention (March 31st- April 2nd) you need to tell Floyd by Wednesday!
- He will register for you, and you will need to pay Bennett the registration fee – $35.75 (10 more bucks if you wait another week)
- Look out for a mid-semester survey coming to you from Kristina this week
- The financial team will now be using a money request form to organize payments, fill one of these out whenever you need to pay Kappa or charge Kappa for anything.
- Everyone make sure you have signed up for receptions
- Let Carrie know by Tuesday if you want to attend the CSO Pokemon Evolutions concert March 9th
- Also talk to Carrie if you want to audition for the NIB (National Intercollegiate Band)
- Nice job to all on CU Honor Band
- you may retrieve a hug from Conner if interested
- And FINALLY; congrats to Spencer, Maddie, and Nate for being elected into the PM exec committee, the future’s looking real bright y’all.
See you all next Sunday at 4pm for the MEP and 5 for the meeting! (back at good ole’ UMC 382-384)
Reminder, meetings will be in room 247 of the UMC at 5pm. Note, this is different than our normal room. MEP will be one hour before in the same room.
- CU Honor Band is this weekend! There is still a few spots open, sign up to help out!
- Recital is officially April 29th at 6:30pm (Sign up available soon)
- Next meeting is Sunday the 26th at 5pm in UMC 247 (new room!)
- MEP at 4pm in the same room
- Sign up for receptions!
- Sign up for district convention is on the district page, it’s gonna be a great time.
Congrats on a great second degree! It was awesome, and the PMs are awesome. Woo!