Hello Brothers! A lot has happened within the past couple weeks! We planned our retreat, started committee meetings, and voted in our newest member on the executive board!! (Hint: It’s Stazie) Can you believe we’re already a quarter of the way through the semester?!?! Good luck with midterms and stick in there! You can do it!!
- Shoutout to Boh for being born! ‘Kappa Kappa PsClap’
- Shoutout to Raechel for giving Gabi a granola bar when they were sick!
- Shoutout to Raechel, Conner, Jesse, and Lily for stenciling the cases for drumline!
- Shoutout to Sully for coming up and saying hi!
- Shoutout to everyone who came out to PsTuesday Golf!
- Shoutout to everyone who did the first reception!
- Shoutout to Gabi for last minute filling in for Spencer at CSI training!
- Shoutout to Nate and Brandon for doing t-shirt stuff for the band!
- Sign up for Communications and Outreach Committee!
- Internal communications
- Become aware of any and all events
- Planning brotherhood events, etc.
- Scott will take a poll for either online/in person
- Sign up for Alumni Relations Committee!
- There will be regular meetings after we elect a position
- Establishing alumni association
- Effectively communicating with alumni
- Bye Nate, hope you find your dad…
- We voted today and we’re Pstaycationing!!
- Next Brotherhood meetings (PsTuesdays)
- Planning staycation
- Stay in tents if you want (You can chill with the raccoons, be one with nature)
- Next PsTuesday!
- We’re going to Pstudy on Farrand!
- There’ll be games too! So come and chill with us!
- Future PsTuesday!
- Spaghetti cookoffs at Dylan’s, get recipes ready!
- Ask Dylan if you need him to buy stuff!
- Judges will pick the best pasta sauce!!
- Drum case stenciling – Done!
- Practice room cleaning/new window covers
- Making new practice covers next Sunday at 6:30pm in UMC!
- Practice room cleaning
- Sunday, Oct. 21st (in the morning) – will be posted on the calendar!
- BB Band Stand Maintenance
- Not until December
- Band Library Project
- This will be really similar to digitization!
- Alternating Mondays and Thursdays of every month
- Everybody come to at least one session please!
- Dates will be on the Kappa calendar/website soon
- Band Banquet
- If you want to help, talk to Carrie!
- Meetings will be tagged on to the end of service committee meetings (around 7pm)
- Refer to google doc here!
- Most importantly: Breakfast in Band with your Bros (and other B-related items)
- Hotel finalized. Thank you Stazie!!
- Fill out doodle poll on when to meet! Please!
- In group chat (if you want to join the committee, message Dylan!)
- Sometime Wednesday night via Google Hangouts
- Discuss goals for semester
- After initial meeting, we will meet on Thursdays (alternate with membership committee)
- Still working on a solid meeting schedule!
- Google Hangout this week to talk about a bunch of stuff
- CMEP’S, Kappa Kappa Pskate!
- Background research started into private scholarships!
- Stay up to date with Bennett!!
- Sign up in the Google Sheet if you want to join the meetings!
We then discussed our alcohol and hazing policies!
- Strict no hazing policy!!! Rule #10
- Alcohol/Controlled Substances
- Cannot endorse events with alcohol!
- If you want to look at the full form, google it! (Here is a link)
- Review Chapter policy
- At restaurants we should be able to drink IF we are 21+
- In Constitution, it does not state that we cannot drink with brothers in letters
- General: Unofficial vote, drink responsibly in letters (if 21+)
- Kappa PsClap unanimous decision
After the review of policies, we talked about earning more money through CSI!!!
- Up to $1000 for operational costs
- $200 for food
- $800 for other things: Shirts, scholarships for members that aren’t paying, etc.
- $3000 per year for travel (strictly lodging, ground transportation, flights)
- “It’s my money and I need it now!” – Gabi/Bennett
- CSI is “rad” and “cool”, “We should do it!” – Jesse, General Thumbs Up!!!!
- Gabi and Bennett will meet with a CSI rep as soon as possible
Here is a debrief of our suggestion box! (Which is right on this website!) And I wanted to say that if you do feel any concern at all or want to express something anonymously, please do! Your opinion is welcomed by the entire chapter!
- Go to this link!
- Write any question, comment or concern you have!
- Chances are somebody feels the exact same way!!
- They will never be punished! We are totally welcome to any and all suggestions!
We then voted on our one conditional letter!
- Matt Reynolds
- WE LOVE YOU MATT!! HOTSOUP
- Can we mandate a video of their band? (play at recital)
- Dr. Roeder has already approved
- Heads down vote!
- All those in favor, all opposed, abstentions?
- Overwhelmingly in favor vote! Matt will be officially moved to conditional status
And finally, we held a special elections for our Alumni Secretary Position!
- Josh moves to open the floor for nominations, Carrie seconds
- You have to be present this accept this nomination
- Brandon, declines
- Sully, declines
- Conner, declines
- Stazie, accepts
- Kaitlyn, declines
- Ryan, declines due to absence
- Gena, declines
- Spencer entertains a motion to close the floor for nominations, Colby motions to close the floor for nominations, Jordan seconds
- Spencer entertains a motion to open the floor for elections, Colby motions to open the floor for elections, Josh seconds
- 4 min. to present – 2 minutes for questions – 1 minute to discuss
- Heads down vote
- All those in favor of Stazie, all those in favor of no confidence, abstentions?
- Stazie is our new Alumni Secretary!!!! Congrats!
- Spencer entertains a motion to close the floor for elections, Josh motions to close the floor for elections, James seconds
Stay tuned for upcoming committee meetings this week!
And for your enjoyment . . .