For your future reference and viewing pleasure, here is the Skype conversation we had with the Kappa Kappa Psi National President, Evan Thompson, on November 12th, 2017! Any time you’d like to reference it, you can click on its tag in the tag cloud on the sidebar of the website.
Just a few announcements today, our meeting mostly consisted of final voting for our fantastic PM class;
- It’s not too late to contact Bennett to sign up for the Rockies games this summer! This is going to be awesome for our chapter. We just want to make the band program this happy-
- The stand repair service project is rolling, more info on this from Conner soon!
- We will also be helping Roeder with a (mini) music library service project
- Retreat (April 8-9) will be $35! You can pay the financial team now if you know you’re going. No doubt, it will literally be the best retreat in the history of Kappa… Kappa… Psi.
- This weekend is Third Degree – 6pm on Saturday, there is no meeting this week.
See you all at Third Degree, hope you have a nice week :)!
shoutout to Josh and Helen for this gem from today’s meeting –
- Retreat is April 8-9, more info on this coming soon
- Theme for this semester is pixar, it’s gonna be a great time
- 3rd degree and make up 2nd degree are March 25th
- make up third degree is April 15th, same day as conducting clinic (a whole day of Kappa, wooo!)
- PMs MUST attend one of these two third degree dates
- We are going to spend the summer fundraising at Rockies games! Let Bennett know if you are interested in helping out, this is a great opportunity for our chapter.
- WE GOT THE PIZZA REV CHECK!
- Let all of your band/music major friends know about the Scholarship!
- Upload your kappa pictures to the kappa website. It’ll help Jalen pull together our chapter’s scrapbook for convention
(pictures such as this one)
- If you are auditioning for the NIB, heads up that you have a month to learn your audition rep before we start recording
- Andrew’s junior recital is this weekend, Saturday at 7:30 in Grusin. Come out to support our brother
- Talk to Floyd to register for convention, after today the registration fee goes up $10
- The money request form is now available on the kappa website, fill it out anytime you need to request money from kappa, pretty simple.
- PM dues would be much appreciated $145 to Bennett, you can get a refund if you end up deciding not to join kappa
- 23 hugs are still unclaimed from Conner, hit him up.
See you all next week for an MEP at 4pm and meeting at 5pm in UMC 382-384!
Hope you all have a nice week, good luck on all of your endeavors, stay positive, love you all.
I have added Conner’s awesome CU Honor Band spreadsheet to the menu options above here on the website. Please make sure you sign up to help!
Also, a new photo album has been created for First Degree. You can find it here. Also, please upload your own photos to it as well!
MEP #1 tomorrow 2/5 at 4pm, room TBD. We will let you know as soon as possible. Meet in the Vortex unless told otherwise.
Come to Mines with us this Saturday 2/11 to play in their basketball band! Sign up here.
Next meeting will be Sunday, 2/12 at 4pm! There is a basketball game that evening. Make sure you are aware of the time change and plan accordingly. There will also be an MEP right before at 3pm. Big Brothers are asked to attend.
Pay for your QUARTER ZIPS!!!!! $20 to Bennett or Venmo @KappaKappa-Psi.
Conditional letters are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight tonight.
SIGN UP FOR RECEPTIONS!!!!
Degree was a success!! Thank you to all for helping and participating. All our PMs are now officially invited to all meetings and events (unless it pertains to degrees).
First Degree is here! Quick reminders:
- Regular meeting at 5pm in the UMC.
- Make reservations for dinner asap. Try and think outside the box so we don’t all bombard BJ’s at once ;). Make them for 7:45 or later just to give yourselves some wiggle room for transportation and photos.
- Dress semi formal
- Don’t forget your gift for your little!
- Also, conditional letters are due today! Email them to email@example.com.
How exciting! Go buffs!
Exec meeting will be held in UMC 382-384 at 4pm,
Followed by the chapter meeting in the same room at 5pm,
We will end slightly earlier than normal to make sure we get to IMIG by 6pm.
Degree set up will be from 6pm-6:30pm.
Degree will start at 6:30pm, roughly.