For Sunday, August 27th, our meeting time will be at 10:30 am. Exec will be at 8:30 (all are welcome). Room: Hellums 141. This is due to the conflict with uniform checkout.
Classes are about to begin and band camp is even closer! But this all means Kappa is also just around the bend!
Our first meeting will be on Sunday at 5pm on August 27th. Location is TBD because I cannot book rooms until closer to the start of term, so watch the calendar on the website and make sure you’re still subscribed to our text service (or text @kkyai to 81010).
Elections are here! Things to remember:
- Be on time! We must have 75% of the chapter present to begin.
- Platforms are due by 10am Sunday
- You can find platforms here; look through them ahead of time!
- Bring you clicker!!
- Bring a snack/sack lunch! The meeting could go for several hours (we have the room booked until 6pm)
PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END!!
- Quick re-introduction of everyone and our new brothers and their preferred pronouns
- A lengthy discussion on a project for next year
- Hosting district convention?
- Commissioning a new piece?
- Re-colonizing CSU?
- Or none of the above?
- National Convention
- Elections (bring your clickers or borrow a friend’s!)
- Update your contact info on KKY portal
- And possibly a brief workshop on strategic planning (if time allows)
- President (everyone is eligible except for members of the Epsilon Zeta class)
- Vice President (everyone except for Epsilon Zeta)
- Secretary (everyone is eligible)
- Treasurer (everyone is eligible)
- Historian (everyone is eligible)
- Music Chair (everyone is eligible)
- Service Chair (everyone is eligible)
- Brotherhood Chair (everyone is eligible)
- We could bring more district interaction out West!
- We have two members of the district council (Tate and Ahnika) that will be excellent liaisons
- The district counselors can provide excellent guidance to help us
- Will be cost neutral (district will reimburse)
- Would be a year-long planning effort (would assign a standing committee whose members would meet each week, sometimes twice a week)
- Our chapter is relatively inexperienced (Kristina is the only member to have been to more than one convention)
- Leave another lasting impact on the CU College of Music
- Will require a lot of fundraising (we went in the red financially when we commissioned American Elegy)
- Relatively low effort (Nationals does most of the administrative work, we act as mentors)
- Growing the number of Kappa chapters in the West and expanding our district interaction
- We are not 100% sure that there is interest there in re-colonization
Today actives and PMs will have separate meetings!
PMs: Your meeting will be in UMC 415. This is your time to work on your service project.
Actives: Meeting at 5pm in regular room. We will be voting on PM acceptances. We must have 75% of actives present. I (K.Lu) will not be present today as I have a design pitch in Lakewood for my studio during the meeting time; Brandon will be running the meeting. Additionally, if there is anything you’d like to bring up, message me as we will not be holding committees today.
Reminder, meetings will be in room 247 of the UMC at 5pm. Note, this is different than our normal room. MEP will be one hour before in the same room.
MEP at 3pm (big brothers too)
Meeting at 4pm
all in UMC
MEP #1 tomorrow 2/5 at 4pm, room TBD. We will let you know as soon as possible. Meet in the Vortex unless told otherwise.
Come to Mines with us this Saturday 2/11 to play in their basketball band! Sign up here.
Next meeting will be Sunday, 2/12 at 4pm! There is a basketball game that evening. Make sure you are aware of the time change and plan accordingly. There will also be an MEP right before at 3pm. Big Brothers are asked to attend.
Pay for your QUARTER ZIPS!!!!! $20 to Bennett or Venmo @KappaKappa-Psi.
Conditional letters are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight tonight.
Degree was a success!! Thank you to all for helping and participating. All our PMs are now officially invited to all meetings and events (unless it pertains to degrees).
First Degree is here! Quick reminders:
- Regular meeting at 5pm in the UMC.
- Make reservations for dinner asap. Try and think outside the box so we don’t all bombard BJ’s at once ;). Make them for 7:45 or later just to give yourselves some wiggle room for transportation and photos.
- Dress semi formal
- Don’t forget your gift for your little!
- Also, conditional letters are due today! Email them to email@example.com.
How exciting! Go buffs!
Exec meeting will be held in UMC 382-384 at 4pm,
Followed by the chapter meeting in the same room at 5pm,
We will end slightly earlier than normal to make sure we get to IMIG by 6pm.
Degree set up will be from 6pm-6:30pm.
Degree will start at 6:30pm, roughly.