Sunday 11/5: is a required meeting! We will be voting on whether or not to accept people as MCs (I.e. send them a bid letter). This will be the only business for Sunday.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
– K. Lu
My deepest apologies for the confustion regarding this weekend. The meeting at retreat is not required (I.e. count against your attendance) but we will likely do committees and perhaps more survey discussion!
Happy Hallow’s Eve Eve everyone! Hope everyone had a great week and is ready for Halloween! Get ready to meet some future brothers this week as we get into recruitment week! We discussed a lot of important items of business today so let’s get started!
(Side note: thank you all for your comments today during the meeting! I do appreciate all the feedback and all the words you all have to say. I will be looking into getting emails sent out ASAP should this be a project we are willing to pursue and ensure that you guys have a better knowledge of what goes on inside committees. In the meantime, please feel free to subscribe to the website, that way, you will get an email notification whenever Kristina or I post to the page! I love my brothers so much and thank you all for this opportunity as your secretary!)
Want the full details of today’s executive and chapter meeting? Here are the full minutes!
Executive Meeting Minutes
Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Shoutout to Bennett for surviving a gameday with his injuries!
- Shoutout to Maddie for all her hard work with band banquet!
- Shoutout to Helen, Lily, and Allison for helping out with digitization last week!
- Shoutout to Maddie for getting a dustpan! #nomorepizzaboxes
- Shoutout to everyone who helped clean up C199 and the band room yesterday after the game!
- Shoutout to Carrie for all her recruitment week work! Get hyped for this next coming week!
Here are some announcements/updates from your executive team!
- Please change your profile pictures on Facebook to this photo! It only has to stay for this week and it will help recruit brothers, so please do!
- Remember this week that you must attend at least two recruitment week events in order to vote on the future brothers!
- If you know someone who would make a good brother, please invite them to the events on Facebook or talk to them in person.
- Ritual dates will be put in the calendar by the end of today! The dates are: Feb 4th, 25th, and Mar 11th. These will take place in the Music Theater.
- Thank you to Colby, Jack, and Gabi for volunteering to be the point-people for flowers for band banquet! #cweet
- Regarding the Houston project, Tate Carrie, and Kristina got to meet with the band director and discuss some more information regarding the list of items she requested.
- A majority of the items on the list will be covered by insurance luckily. The items she needs the most are auxiliary percussion instruments.
- For these instruments, she gave us possible vendors to purchase these instruments from in the Houston area.
- Kristina will be working to get a video put together with collaboration from the band director.
- In addition to today’s agenda, we discussed and voted on the probationary status of some members who have missed more than 3 meetings. They will be required to attend every meeting up to the elections while completing three of the digitization events.
Most importantly, we discussed the mid-semester check in results, so here are some of the main points of discussion we had:
- Our brothers’ well-being is fairly good! We do have some brothers on the negative end of the spectrum, so please be considerate of other people. Not everyone is doing so great, so make sure you know this!
- People generally feel good about how Kappa is going and what Kappa has been doing this year differently than others. People do rate their personal involvement in the middle of the road but people feel valued and respected for their opinions!
- We discussed Round Robin – is a way to get more people to speak or taking to much time? We talked about next semester being a time to experiment with other means of input from the chapter, including Google Surveys, etc.
- In addition to experimentation next semester, the idea of maybe bi-weekly meetings came up with extra committee time during the week. In addition, some requests for the minutes/notification by email were suggested.
- We discussed how attendance to outside activities tends to be the same amount of people every single time and with little exec representation.
- Maybe we should be doing more activities on more days of the week?
- We also discussed getting people more involved. Some people have really good ideas but also need to remember that they can take initiative for their own projects! If you’re interested in starting something, don’t be afraid to ask!
- Shoutout to Colby for helping start a caroling group!
- For next week, we will discuss some more information regarding changing the meeting time and other comments that were made towards the end of the survey.
That’s all for this week! Thank you all for all that you do and I hope that you guys have an amazing week!
Hope everyone had an amazing week! Midterms are coming up so make sure you take some time for yourself! Go for a hike, stay in bed, get lots of sleep, stay hydrated and make sure you are eating well!
- Ahnika is learning trumpet for Concert Band after a shortage of trumpets! Congrats to her picking up an instrument so fast and being a valuable asset to the Concert Band!
- Thank you to everyone who helped pass out snacks and water to the UNC band!
- Thank you to everyone who helped make snack packs and help build the chair stands last minute (also shoutout to Conner for getting tools and Maddie for helping plan everything so last minute)!
Some important officer report information:
- Pay dues! $135 total – must have a payment plan set up or be paid in full by 9/24! Talk to Bennett for questions and how to pay – he and Nate will accept cash, checks made out to Kappa Kappa Psi, and Venmo. If you helped with Rockies, your dues will be $110. Should you help Trevor in the digitization project for three 2-3 hour sessions, you will get $25 back! If you haven’t paid dues yet for the previous year, do that ASAP.
- Conditional letters are due at 11:59pm on September 17th (which is in like an hour so GET ON IT). Letters will be given to Roeder this week and upon his approval, be voted on during the 9/24 meeting. If you have extenuating circumstances, please talk to Kristina ASAP.
- Carrie will be doing the recruitment hike the morning of the Sunday after the Arizona game (October 8th). This tentative date will be made official later.
- Trevor needs photos for the scrapbook! Log in to Shutterfly with the email, email@example.com, using the password strive4thehighest.
- Look for a later post today for Reception sign ups! Thank you to Conner, Eric, and Helen for signing up last minute to help with the reception this Tuesday!
- Leo thanks everyone for coming to get pizookies last week! This week’s Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays will be at Macky for the Wind Psymphony and Psymphonic Band concert at 7:30!
- Maddie is planning on making more bags for Washington’s pep band this Saturday. Six people will be needed to make them, 6-8 people need to help distribute. Thank you to everyone who helped clean this week after the game, sign ups are here if you are interested to help clean the band room!
- Gabi thanks everyone for helping with Kappa Kappa Pstreaks! Keep them going. If you want to get usernames or add your own, add them here! We watched the video Gabi made for NatCon and there is so much to learn! The brothers that went to NatCon will host workshops after Kappa meetings to discuss what they learned starting next week. Additionally, submit photos to post to social media to Gabi!
- Ahnika had the opportunity to go to District Days in KU this weekend! She learned lots of valuable information pertaining to service and engaged in mock-chapter situations. The MWD will be commissioning a piece as well! For all the slides and important information, go to the MWD website!
We broke into committees for a couple minutes to discuss a bunch of cool plans for the future.
- In jurisdiction, Nate discussed the plan for the year. This semester will be exclusively for looking at the specifics of the Constitution while next semester will be spent revising. This week, Section I will be analyzed with a specific emphasis on Article VI.
- In membership committee, Carrie’s committee helped plan out Recruitment week:
- Tuesday – Chatfield/Anderson Farms Corn Maze
- Wednesday – Service night (Cleaning Practice Rooms)
- Thursday – CU Wind Symphony Concert and talk about the history of the bands and Kappa
- Friday – First night of Staycation! Carve pumpkins, costume party
- In brotherhood committee, Leo’s committee came up with more ideas for Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays – if you have more suggestions, let Leo know. More expensive brotherhood activities will take place soon, closer to finals week.
- In service committee, Maddie will be creating a regular schedule for practice room cleaning. She is taking suggestions for service projects in place of CU Band Day – small and large ideas are welcome!
- In music committee, Andrew discussed some CSO concert dates we could attend! Some include Stravinsky’s “The Firebird”, etc. More details to come!
We discussed some important suggestion box info!
- A suggestion asked that we maybe consider moving our meetings to another day other than Sunday.
- General Consensus – Sundays are okay, but weekdays are preferable. After Spring registration, a survey will go out to discuss meetings for next semester.
We voted on the pronouns/names of our mascot today! Meet Bantha II, or Glory Deborah McBufface, using she/her/hers pronouns! Sign up to help babysit Bantha by clicking here!
Bantha II being offered to Wheat Jesus/Glucifer
That’s all for this week! Thank you all and AEA!