Elections are here! Things to remember:
- Be on time! We must have 75% of the chapter present to begin.
- Platforms are due by 10am Sunday
- You can find platforms here; look through them ahead of time!
- Bring you clicker!!
- Bring a snack/sack lunch! The meeting could go for several hours (we have the room booked until 6pm)
Hey hey, Jade here, the year’s coming to a close here’s an update on the rest of it:
- We had nominations for next semester’s executive positions today, that took up most of the meeting time (don’t be afraid to run for something!)
- Elections will be next week on Sunday 4/30 starting at noon, the meeting can go ’til 6pm (it will most likely not make it near that time)
- more info on running will come from Kristina this week
- if you are considering running for a position talk to the person currently in that role, to gain a better understanding of what you’ll need to do and what your platform should include
- Bring your clickers to the meeting!
- Next week is recital! Saturday 4/29 at 6:30pm Update the spreadsheet with whatever work you are planning on performing, so that Carrie can figure out the program.
it’s gonna be wild
- Finish signing up for your Rockies games if you are involved in that project, we need ya.
- This is a big one – we have voted to submit a bid to host district convention, this will be a huge step for our chapter! I’m so excited for our future endeavors.
- If you are considering going to national convention the deadline to commit is May 13th (if you want to go with brothers from our chapter)
Shoutouts for the week;
- Nice job to everyone at the band concerts this week
dis was me in the audience during concert band and wind symphony, and while playing the Ticheli
- Conner has managed to keep service projects going even though we haven’t had meetings, how cool is that?almost as cool as this lil animal
- also thanks to everyone that has been making their ways to the service activities
- Thanks to the scholarship committee for reading all of the applications in such a swift manner
- Good job to our new brothers finishing up their PM service project, keep kicking y’all
- Josh helped Carrie and Andrew record their NIB auditions, what a guy.
See you all next weekend for a couple of days full of kappa! Good luck on this week’s rehearsals and preparations for recital and elections :)!
PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END!!
- Quick re-introduction of everyone and our new brothers and their preferred pronouns
- A lengthy discussion on a project for next year
- Hosting district convention?
- Commissioning a new piece?
- Re-colonizing CSU?
- Or none of the above?
- National Convention
- Elections (bring your clickers or borrow a friend’s!)
- Update your contact info on KKY portal
- And possibly a brief workshop on strategic planning (if time allows)
- President (everyone is eligible except for members of the Epsilon Zeta class)
- Vice President (everyone except for Epsilon Zeta)
- Secretary (everyone is eligible)
- Treasurer (everyone is eligible)
- Historian (everyone is eligible)
- Music Chair (everyone is eligible)
- Service Chair (everyone is eligible)
- Brotherhood Chair (everyone is eligible)
- We could bring more district interaction out West!
- We have two members of the district council (Tate and Ahnika) that will be excellent liaisons
- The district counselors can provide excellent guidance to help us
- Will be cost neutral (district will reimburse)
- Would be a year-long planning effort (would assign a standing committee whose members would meet each week, sometimes twice a week)
- Our chapter is relatively inexperienced (Kristina is the only member to have been to more than one convention)
- Leave another lasting impact on the CU College of Music
- Will require a lot of fundraising (we went in the red financially when we commissioned American Elegy)
- Relatively low effort (Nationals does most of the administrative work, we act as mentors)
- Growing the number of Kappa chapters in the West and expanding our district interaction
- We are not 100% sure that there is interest there in re-colonization