Happy New Year! It’s been a really long time since we’ve seen everyone, but congrats on making it through last semester, hope everything had a great holiday season, and thank you for everyone making the meeting yesterday, especially with all the nasty weather (but it’s okay because the snow is pretty and makes everything worth it). Also, welcome MCs to your first full meeting!
Also new this semester – I was inspired by Kristina’s photoshop designs for the recruitment week info, so I gave our mini-minutes a little bit of a facelift to make everything worth it, so here is your //a e s t he t i c s// update!
We began our first meeting into our new format, so here’s a breakdown of what happened yesterday!
As always, here are the chapter meeting minutes and the exec meeting minutes if you want a further, in depth look of what we talked about.
- Shoutout to Colby for all her work with the caroling groups last semester!
- Shoutout to Carrie for conducting the first MEP!
- Shoutout to Tate and Kristina for their engagement!
- Shoutout to everyone for (mostly) making it through last semester!
- Shoutout to Josh for taking on the music composition project for the ritual!
- Shoutout to all the brothers that will be representing Kappa abroad (Jesse and Allison)!
- Shoutout to Jade for coming back and bringing us adorable chocolates!
- Welcome back everyone and welcome to your first meeting MCs!
- Conditional letters are due on February 3rd! Check with Kristina if you have any questions regarding the circumstances, etc.
- The next meeting will be February 3rd at 4pm! Exec will meet at 3pm, the MEP will be 5:30pm, and First Degree is at 7pm.
- Sign up to take care of Glory! Talk to Gabi if you have any questions.
- The Snapchat contest for Spring 2018 begins on Tuesday! Let your streaks die!
- Congrats to Spencer and Allison for winning the Fall 2017 streak contest!
- The first Pstuesdays is this Tuesday at 8pm! Come to BJs and have a pizzookie!
- This will also be the kickoff for the Brotherhood committee, so come and bring your ideas!
- If you want to be a big brother, contact Carrie! We still need some more brothers.
- Let Andrew know about your recitals if you have any! All performances will be put in the Kappa calendar.
Afterwards, we discussed some more information about the rest of the semester. More specifically, we ran through the website!
- The website is http://www.kkpsialphaiota.wordpress.com! You’re probably here right now, so you ‘re already one step ahead!
- The homepage will feature mini-minutes (like this!) and other important information regarding meetings or other logistics.
- Sign up for email alerts! You won’t have to look at the website for all of the details as mini-minutes will go to your inbox.
- The Kappa Drive link will link to important folders like minutes (both chapter and exec), the budget, attendance, and the archives.
- Resources include important documents like the constitution, the RTW Handbook, officer handbooks, website links to the national/district websites.
- The National website has tons of information that is extremely useful, including our publications, brother portals, etc.
- Double check your membership requirements! Some rules have changed due to the new meeting format. Membership Candidate requirements are also here.
- The sign-ups tab contains all the important sign ups for Snapchat, taking care of Glory, and other recital/receptions.
- Send your photos to Trevor for the scrapbook using the Photos tab!
- Suggestion Box is open always to address any concerns either privately or publicly.
- Contact information can be found on the Contact tab with social media links, etc.
We also walked through the calendar. You can sync this to any calendar using Google Calendar or iCalendar. Here are some important dates to remember!
- MWD District Day – 02/16
- CU Honor Band – 02/23-24
- CFR Visit – 02/26-27
- Tentative meet and greet with our CFR – 02/27 at 6pm
- MWD Convention – 04/06-04/08 – This is at Mines, so everyone should go!
- Yard Party with Mines – 04/21
- Some dates in the calendar are tentative – please clear each date for retreat and recital.
We are beginning our new committee format this semester! Here are some important things to note about committees.
- Committees and projects can be proposed all year – talk to exec about what you can lead or begin!
- There is a document that outlines the format to propose a committee. You can find it here or in the Kappa drive.
- The next two weeks are a grace period to explore some committees. MCs and active brothers have a requirement of what committees they must attend – please look up what your requirements are under the resource tab!
- There is a document that outlines every committee, who runs it, and more information. You can find that here or in the Kappa drive.
Curious about what committees to join? Here’s a quick breakdown of where you can find the kickoff meetings for each committee:
Jurisdiction: Sat. 1/27 from 2-4pm in Hellems 211
Membership: Sun. 1/28 from 4pm-4:30 in Hellems 211
Service: Thurs. 1/25/18 at 5pm – Imig Library Seminar Room – N285
Music: Tues. 1/30/18 at 5pm in Imig C121 – Boettcher Seminar Room
Brotherhood: Tues. 1/23 at BJ’s (PsTuesdays)
Ritual: Wed. 1/24 at 7p in Imig N180D
Houston: Mon. 1/29 at 7:30p virtually – link here
Scrapbook: Thurs. 2/1/18 – 5pm in Imig Library Seminar Room N285
Finally, here are some closing announcements for the meeting:
- Josh is willing to write some arrangements for songs for recital if you would like! Please contact him ASAP with enough time before recital if you would like.
- Nate is setting up a group to raise money for childhood cancer for St. Baldwicks! Talk to him if you’re curious or want some more information.
- Sign up to take care of Glory! She would greatly appreciate it.
Hope you all have a great start to your semester and I will see everyone at our next meeting Feb. 3rd at 4pm!