Hello everyone! Hope everyone has survived their first round of midterms! This weekend has been filled with tons of brotherhood at District Day, which thank you to all the brothers who made it to Mines! I know I had tons of fun, and I’m sure everyone else did too.
Our meeting today covered lots of business items and preparation for our CFR visit. Because of this, we didn’t get to a lot of important things, so PLEASE READ TO THE END to get everything that you would’ve gotten from today’s meeting!
As always, here’s a link to this week’s Chapter Minutes and the Exec Minutes for both this week and last week:
- Shoutout to Colby for doing the CU Honor Band shirt design (especially after going through all the changes)!
- Shoutout to Conner for putting the rosters together for CU Honor Band!
- Shoutout to Jade for making and organizing the Kappa Kappa Pslaylist!
- Shoutout to Celeste for getting copies of the hymn together for the MEP!
- Shoutout to everyone who went to District Day!
- Shoutout to Trevor for organizing the award packets!
- Shoutout to all the MCs who came to the meeting today!
- Shoutout to everyone for surviving the first chunk of the semester!
- Shoutout to everyone who helped with the Kappa closet cleanout!
- Shoutout to all the MCs coming to the meeting prepared with a presentation full of memes!
- Shoutout to the women buffs for winning the game today (you almost gave us a heart attack)!
- Second Degree is Sunday February 25th at 6pm! Big Brothers – get your presents ordered and ready!
- This week’s PsTuesday is in Denver to watch Josh perform with the CSO! Talk to Leo ASAP to get tickets (they are free!)
- CU Honor Band is this Friday and Saturday! You can sign up for timeslots here.
- The reception needs some more actives to sign up, please consider it! You can sign up here.
- Please post your photos of anything Kappa related onto the Shutterfly! You can upload by following the instructions here.
- There will be no digitization sessions for a little bit as the copier is still broken.
- Ahnika is forming a Strive for the Highest Scholarship committee! If you’re a non-music major interested in joining, you can sign up here.
- If you’re from the Epsilon Zeta class (class from last year), please send Gabi your family trees! You can do so by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After this, we discussed the membership status of a probationary member and discussed our awards packets. After heads-down votes, we nominated the following for the following awards!
- Outstanding Musicianship – Josh Wilson
- Outstanding New Brother – Nate Page
- Strive for the Highest Award – Carrie Proctor
Congrats to all the brothers nominated! Awards will be announced at the MWD Convention (which you all totally should go!)
We had a brief discussion on how District Day went and gave a little plug for MWD Convention!
- If you’re interested in going, you should go! The cost should be free.
- It will be held at Missouri State University from April 6th to April 8th.
- Register by clicking the link on the Facebook event page here!
- In addition, Dylan is interested in getting a bid packet together for MWD Convention 2019! If you’re interested in joining his committee, talk to him!
Lastly, we completed some CFR paperwork as a chapter. Some things we talked about included rating our chapter’s involvement within the College of Music and beyond, how well we work with each pillar of Kappa, and more. If you’re interested in seeing the full document, it can be found here. Other important CFR notes:
- Exec – complete your paperwork!
- Actives – if you’re interested in visiting for a quick chat about anything Kappa related with our CFR, let Kristina know!
- Next coming PsTuesdays will be a meet-and-greet with our CFR, so please make sure you’re able to come!
Not covered in today’s meeting, so PLEASE READ!
- We cleaned the Kappa closet! Now onto organizing the closet.
- We implemented a new system of meeting/service activity to maximize efforts. Tons of fun!
- Honor Band needs more sign ups, so please take as many slots as you can!
- No committee meeting this week.
- The recital room is currently being taken care of right now.
- Music committee needs some help getting some direction in terms of where the committee should go, so please consider letting Andrew know about your ideas!
- The YouCaring advisor has approved the bio for the page!
- Kristina and Stazie are working on getting a video made in the next week, hopefully out by the end of the month.
- We are working on getting photos for the general scrapbook!
- If you have anything, PLEASE submit it to the Shutterfly!
- Finished Article II, went over all of Article III
- Now moving onto suspension next week!
- Nate is going to be making a committee to make a powerpoint about all the new changes and help clarify some aspects of the Constitution.
- No meeting this week.
- Need people to complete the Spotify playlist – please add some songs for your MCs!
- Musicians are rehearsing for Second Degree!
- Hope to have a full rehearsal soon of all Second Degree.
In addition, if you made a suggestion box comment in the last two weeks, we got your comment and will be discussing it soon! We ran out of time yesterday, but don’t worry. That being said, if you have any concern about Kappa that you would like addressed personally or anonymously as a chapter, click here for the Suggestion Box!
Thank you all for sticking through a long meeting! I hope you all have a great next couple of weeks, and I’ll see everyone at Second Degree next weekend!