Hello brothers! Hope everyone has had a great week as we progress into round two of midterms! Keep up with all your homework and exams, but take some time for yourself! This week’s meeting was short and sweet, so let’s get started!
- Shoutout to the brothers who went on the hike yesterday! They broke their record of seeing 28 dogs and saw 33 and 1 cat!
- Shoutout to Ahnika and Andrew for attending the CSO concert today!
- Shoutout to Trevor, Hannah, Eric, Spencer, and Lily for helping with the first digitization session!
- Shoutout to Lily for posting all the adventures with Glory to Snapchat last week!
- Shoutout to Gabi for filling with when Helen needed help last week!
- Happy birthday Hannah!
- And most importantly, shoutout to all you brothers for surviving your first round of midterms and being here!
Now for some announcements from your exec team!
- November 12 is our Skype session with the national president! This begins at 1pm so make sure you are there!
- Concert Band is performing tomorrow at 7:30pm in Grusin! Come support your fellow brothers!
- UNC’s Third Degree was moved to 11/26 at 7pm! Come if you are interested.
- Please please please make sure to fill out the mid-semester check-in form! You can find it by clicking here.
- Remember that you must attend at least two recruitment week events!
- Tonight is the next digitization night! Keep posted on the Facebook page for the third digitization event!
- If you want access to the archives, contact Trevor!
- Conducting Clinic is on November 4th, however, with a time conflict with the Women’s Basketball game, it will be moved to 11am. If you notice any major schedule conflicts with this, please contact Andrew right away!
- Andrew needs people to announce about Conducting Clinic at all music major/band events! Please announce in NAfME, band rehearsals, to your studios, etc.
- The signup for the 12/9 recital is on the website or by clicking here.
- Thanks for going to Chipotle last week! This week will be bowling at the Connection, so stay posted!
- Please vote in the Staycation poll regarding dinner as soon as possible!
- Cal’s band will not be coming sadly, however, USC will still be bringing a band so we will be making snack packs for them.
- Band Banquet planning is underway! If you have any ideas regarding decorations, please contact Maddie!
- Sign up for taking care of Glory throughout the week! Signups are on the website or by clicking here.
We broke up into committees for the remainder of the meeting. Here is what we discussed:
- The Houston Relief committee discussed the list that the band director sent across. Kristina will be communicating further with the director to see what she would like us to purchase!
- In addition, Boise State (thanks to Gabi) has given us some help on how to run a dance-a-thon that could help us fundraise lots of money for this cause or another!
- The band banquet discussed some ideas for decorations and activities.
- They talked about having a photo booth (in which if you have prop ideas, talk to Maddie!), awards, and trading cards!
- Decorations will be birthday themed for Ralphie’s birthday. If you have any other ideas for decorations, please contact Maddie!
- In the Staycation committee, they discussed ideas and plans for the activities that we will do!
- Bring your favorite board game!
- We will be hiking near Flagstaff, so if you have any ideas for trails, let Leo know.
- We will watch a movie, make smoreos, etc.
- Please make sure to vote on the dinner poll!
- In the PR committee, they discussed some more information about getting Kappa out to the public, especially during recruitment week.
- A list was made of all that Kappa does and will be posted on the board, etc.
- Cards will be made that outline all the activities for recruitment week!
- Polls will be made to show how many of us are in ensembles outside of band, are music majors, etc.
- Brother of the week will be posted alongside Throwback Thursdays and other events! Make sure you’re following the Instagram so you can see all these posts!
Some closing announcements from your brothers:
- Andrew and Hannah are playing in the Opera, “The Married Widow”! Come support your brothers!
- Make sure you’re keeping up with your payment plans for dues!
That’s all for this week! Thank you and have a great rest of your week!