Hope everyone had an amazing week! Midterms are coming up so make sure you take some time for yourself! Go for a hike, stay in bed, get lots of sleep, stay hydrated and make sure you are eating well!
- Ahnika is learning trumpet for Concert Band after a shortage of trumpets! Congrats to her picking up an instrument so fast and being a valuable asset to the Concert Band!
- Thank you to everyone who helped pass out snacks and water to the UNC band!
- Thank you to everyone who helped make snack packs and help build the chair stands last minute (also shoutout to Conner for getting tools and Maddie for helping plan everything so last minute)!
Some important officer report information:
- Pay dues! $135 total – must have a payment plan set up or be paid in full by 9/24! Talk to Bennett for questions and how to pay – he and Nate will accept cash, checks made out to Kappa Kappa Psi, and Venmo. If you helped with Rockies, your dues will be $110. Should you help Trevor in the digitization project for three 2-3 hour sessions, you will get $25 back! If you haven’t paid dues yet for the previous year, do that ASAP.
- Conditional letters are due at 11:59pm on September 17th (which is in like an hour so GET ON IT). Letters will be given to Roeder this week and upon his approval, be voted on during the 9/24 meeting. If you have extenuating circumstances, please talk to Kristina ASAP.
- Carrie will be doing the recruitment hike the morning of the Sunday after the Arizona game (October 8th). This tentative date will be made official later.
- Trevor needs photos for the scrapbook! Log in to Shutterfly with the email, email@example.com, using the password strive4thehighest.
- Look for a later post today for Reception sign ups! Thank you to Conner, Eric, and Helen for signing up last minute to help with the reception this Tuesday!
- Leo thanks everyone for coming to get pizookies last week! This week’s Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays will be at Macky for the Wind Psymphony and Psymphonic Band concert at 7:30!
- Maddie is planning on making more bags for Washington’s pep band this Saturday. Six people will be needed to make them, 6-8 people need to help distribute. Thank you to everyone who helped clean this week after the game, sign ups are here if you are interested to help clean the band room!
- Gabi thanks everyone for helping with Kappa Kappa Pstreaks! Keep them going. If you want to get usernames or add your own, add them here! We watched the video Gabi made for NatCon and there is so much to learn! The brothers that went to NatCon will host workshops after Kappa meetings to discuss what they learned starting next week. Additionally, submit photos to post to social media to Gabi!
- Ahnika had the opportunity to go to District Days in KU this weekend! She learned lots of valuable information pertaining to service and engaged in mock-chapter situations. The MWD will be commissioning a piece as well! For all the slides and important information, go to the MWD website!
We broke into committees for a couple minutes to discuss a bunch of cool plans for the future.
- In jurisdiction, Nate discussed the plan for the year. This semester will be exclusively for looking at the specifics of the Constitution while next semester will be spent revising. This week, Section I will be analyzed with a specific emphasis on Article VI.
- In membership committee, Carrie’s committee helped plan out Recruitment week:
- Tuesday – Chatfield/Anderson Farms Corn Maze
- Wednesday – Service night (Cleaning Practice Rooms)
- Thursday – CU Wind Symphony Concert and talk about the history of the bands and Kappa
- Friday – First night of Staycation! Carve pumpkins, costume party
- In brotherhood committee, Leo’s committee came up with more ideas for Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays – if you have more suggestions, let Leo know. More expensive brotherhood activities will take place soon, closer to finals week.
- In service committee, Maddie will be creating a regular schedule for practice room cleaning. She is taking suggestions for service projects in place of CU Band Day – small and large ideas are welcome!
- In music committee, Andrew discussed some CSO concert dates we could attend! Some include Stravinsky’s “The Firebird”, etc. More details to come!
We discussed some important suggestion box info!
- A suggestion asked that we maybe consider moving our meetings to another day other than Sunday.
- General Consensus – Sundays are okay, but weekdays are preferable. After Spring registration, a survey will go out to discuss meetings for next semester.
We voted on the pronouns/names of our mascot today! Meet Bantha II, or Glory Deborah McBufface, using she/her/hers pronouns! Sign up to help babysit Bantha by clicking here!
Bantha II being offered to Wheat Jesus/Glucifer
That’s all for this week! Thank you all and AEA!
Hey everyone, I apologize for the late posting of mini-minutes but I decided that getting sick was a better option for last night. I hope you all are getting through the semester great and hopefully not feeling like I am!
Let’s start off with some shoutouts!
- Conner, Nate, Spencer, Colby, Carrie, and Maddie helped cleaned practice rooms last week!
- Conner worked almost a total of 80 hours helping out with Rockies fundraising!
- Thank to everyone who helped with the Summer Music Academy and Chris Huls’ recital last week!
- Trevor started Fun Fact Fridays!
- Gabi met with Kristina and helped make some plans that will shape Kappa for the better!
- CU beat Texas State in our home opener (skoooo)
off to the PAC-12 championships
Some important announcements:
- If you don’t go by the name that is on your Kappa certificate or membership card, talk to Kristina! For a small fee (or nationals can even cover the fee), you can change your name.
- Dues will be due on September 24th. $135 for anyone who didn’t complete Rockies games, or $110 for anyone who did work at Rockies games. If you want $25 back, help Trevor with archives in the next coming weeks (three 2-3 hour sessions on Sunday Nights). Make sure dues are paid from last year ASAP!
- Conditional letters are due by September 17th. You must write a letter to the chapter to ask why you seek conditional status and what you plan to do to stay involved. On September 24th, each letter will be voted on and Dr. Roeder will give his seal of approval. Work is not a valid reason to go conditional!
- The Center for Student Involvement is hosting the Core Leadership Program, including sessions that will be held Tuesdays, 3:30-5:00pm starting September 19th or Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30pm starting September 20th. You get to attend an overnight retreat in Estes Park on October 14th-15th and it’s free! Registration closes on the 15th, so register/talk to Kristina for further concerns. Click here for registration info!
- A new Jurisdiction Committee will be created that will review the Constitution and clean up anything that we either don’t abide by or don’t need anymore. Nate will lead this standing committee over the next coming weeks. Commitment is important as this is a weekly ordeal!
- Carrie is creating a membership committee, in which you will help plan lessons for degrees/rituals, etc. Talk to Carrie if you’re interested!
- Spencer is helping begin the Alumni Association and is preparing to gauge interest among alumni.
- Trevor would love some input on snacks (opinions, dietary concerns, etc). He is also digitizing the scrapbook this year so make sure you are taking lots of photos. The Archive project will begin shortly on Sunday Nights, including scanning onto hard drives, snacks, and brotherhood.
- Andrew put reception sign ups on the Facebook group page. Conducting clinic will be on November 4th! A committee will be coming soon to further discuss CSO concerts. The tentative date for recital is December 9th, in which current brothers should complete this date rather than the later dates!
- Leo is planning for a Staycation retreat November 3rd and 4th, including a sleepover and midnight hike! This week’s KKPstuesdays will be at BJ’s for Pizookies!
- Maddie is beginning a signup sheet for cleaning the band room after games soon. Since we are not doing CU Band Day this year, we can take on a larger service project, so stay tuned!
- Gabi has adopted a mascot (as so generously donated by Carrie). Name suggestions are on the Facebook page. Check out the Facebook page for Snapchat usernames for streaks, and remember the longest streak at the end of the semester wins. The Instagram has been utilized and send Gabi photos so that your throwback thursday photos can be posted!
our mascot’s first C4C dinner ❤
We also voted on the budget this meeting. Check out the Google Drive for the full line-by-line item breakdown of the budget. The important things to note include:
- Starting Budget: $10,820
- Music Service (meaning money that benefits the College of Music such as tuba covers) was changed from $2,000-$2,500
- Commissioning Fund (meaning money that was stored away for future members to use to commission a piece) was changed from $1,000 to $1,500
- Travel Subsidies (what the chapter pays for travel to District/National events, including a possible per diem, hotel fees) was changed from $5,000 to $4,500.
We also quickly reviewed the calendar and highlighted some important dates:
- Band Banquet – November 12th
- Elections – November 26th
- Recruitment Week – October 31st to November 2nd, will include KKPstuesdays, Staycation, Conducting Clinic
Next week we will discuss the suggestion box and other fundraising activities such as Rockies.
Thank you all! Have a wonderful week!
- CU Honor Band is this weekend! There is still a few spots open, sign up to help out!
- Recital is officially April 29th at 6:30pm (Sign up available soon)
- Next meeting is Sunday the 26th at 5pm in UMC 247 (new room!)
- MEP at 4pm in the same room
- Sign up for receptions!
- Sign up for district convention is on the district page, it’s gonna be a great time.
Congrats on a great second degree! It was awesome, and the PMs are awesome. Woo!
MEP #1 tomorrow 2/5 at 4pm, room TBD. We will let you know as soon as possible. Meet in the Vortex unless told otherwise.
Come to Mines with us this Saturday 2/11 to play in their basketball band! Sign up here.
Next meeting will be Sunday, 2/12 at 4pm! There is a basketball game that evening. Make sure you are aware of the time change and plan accordingly. There will also be an MEP right before at 3pm. Big Brothers are asked to attend.
Pay for your QUARTER ZIPS!!!!! $20 to Bennett or Venmo @KappaKappa-Psi.
Conditional letters are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight tonight.
SIGN UP FOR RECEPTIONS!!!!
Degree was a success!! Thank you to all for helping and participating. All our PMs are now officially invited to all meetings and events (unless it pertains to degrees).
Conditional letters are due Saturday, February 4th.
Thank you to Jade for stepping up as our secretary to be!
Make sure you make a homemade gift (like a dessert or something) for your little for First Degree this Saturday.
Sign up to play at the basketball game at Mines on February 11th here!
S’moreo’s 2.0 is coming up on February 16th!
Sign up for a reception time asap using the link above or here.
We will be trying to balance our communication between here and Facebook; the website will be the main source of communication, so check it frequently!