Good morning brothers! It’s been so long since our last meeting! Make sure to stay up to date with everything that has been going on by reading the minutes! Look forward to the final stages of band banquet planning and talk to Carrie or Conner if you want to get involved! Recruitment week STARTS TODAY!!! Talk to all the people to join Kappa because we love new brothers! SKOBUFFS! Here is the schedule for the week!
Additionally, we’re right in the middle of midterm season. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with school, life, or Kappa, please talk to a fellow brother! We are all here to support you and want you in this organization. AEA.
As always, you can read the full minutes here.
10/28/18 Chapter Minutes
10/28/18 Exec Minutes
- Shoutout to everyone in membership for planning all of recruitment week!
- Shoutout to Spencer and Eric for doing the 1st time of the band library project!
- Shoutout to Jade for doing a really great job in WSS and planning membership stuff during orchestra week!!!
- Shoutout to the Buffs for completing the Circle of Suc!
- Shoutout to Carrie for not quitting band!
- Shoutout to Carrie for not crying on the stand yesterday!
- Shoutout to Ben for doing research on the commissioning fund!
- Incoming Freshman Scholarship Pending Final Approval!
- Thanks to Grace for doing a lot of leg work!
- We are getting approval from the Dean and will be on our way!
It’s a fast boi
- GO TO PIZZA REV TODAY. YEET!
- Any time of day is fine! A lot of us will be going after marching band! It’s going to be a great time!
- MENTION KAPPA. You don’t need a flyer!
- The Commissioning Fund now has Direction!!!
- We have done research are currently talking to directors to see what ensemble would like to perform a new piece!
- This project will be long term. To help, talk to Ben and Bennett!
- Continue to take pictures and send them to Meagan for the scrapbook!
- Sign up for the Band Library Project! Dates will alternate Mon/Thurs.
- Look at the calendar to be updated! Here is the signup! Just do it
- Times are set at 6:30 pm but can change if you need it to!
- SIGN UP FOR THE CONDUCTING CLINIC (It’s gonna be LIT)
- Need more clarinoodles and flutes
- Start thinking about what tasty jams you want to play in the RePsital!!
- Ritual committee is next Sunday at 4:00 pm, check Facebook for location!
- Recruitment week starts today!!! Look at Facebook! Here is the schedule.
- You need to attend at least 2 events to be able to vote on new members. Yay!!! New Members!!!
- Sign up to go to District Day!
- It’s gonna be fun! Talk to Nate with questions! It’s next weekend…
- Sign up for conducting clinic! It’s gonna be super awesome
- Nov. 4th 12 – 2 pm. Here is the calendar for all of the events going on!
- Dr. D will be there! You get to help out music majors!!!
- Sunday Dec. 2nd at 10am
- Think about what you want to play!!! Do something musical! Be creative!
- Kappa March
- Important: Bring your instruments to the meeting next week on 11/4
- We will be playing at the end of Kappa Repsital! It’s gonna be a grand ‘ole time.
- National Intercollegiate Band
- Do it. The audition packet will be posted soon. Talk to Andrea!
- Recruitment week
- Thursday is service night! Meet at 7pm in the vortex!
- Centerpieces for band banquet! Ben will be taking over!
- Practice room cleaning! Brandon will be heading!
- Choose what you want to do and help out with!
- Practice room covers! Thank you so much to everybody that helped!
- We completed our first episode of the band library project!
- Band Banquet
- Theme: General Buffs Bash. Location: Glenn Miller Ballroom
- Trading cards are in progress! If you want to help, let Conner know!!
- Band banquet starts at 5pm! If you are setting up or want to help, talk to Carrie and come to the Glenn Miller Ballroom at 2!
- Pskate! It was awesome! Thanks for coming!
- Info meetings – 25 people signed up an interest sheet!
- Cute time with icecream sandwiches
- Recruitment week
- 5 events. All at 7pm! Check Facebook! And the calendar!
- We need everybody to invite new members and to come to events!
- Again, you need to come to 2 events to be able to vote!
- Been reaching out to a few chapters!
- If anybody has any connection to UNC, let Ben know!
- Yard Parties in Spring semester in planning phase
- If you’re interested, please join! Let Nate know when you can meet!
- Thanks to everybody who came out to the Brotherhood events! And Retreat!
- Recruitment week – Speed dating 7pm, in Benson 185!
- The directors are confirmed to conduct the concert!
- Working on getting the rooms reserved! If you want to help, talk to Dylan!
- Guten tag. Talk to Josh to help!
- We are actually going to start on Sunday! At 4pm in the vortex
- Need to go into the closet and figure some things out! Be there. Be square.
We then discussed a post the exec team received! Here are the full minutes.
We take your comments and suggestions very seriously. If you ever believe that something should be done that isn’t being done, please let us know! All of the exec team is more than willing to receive constructive criticism and talk with you about what needs to improve. If you have an idea for a project, you are more than welcome to start it yourself!! Help each other out!
We also discussed our survey results! Overall, they were really positive! Here are the main takeaways and here are the full minutes to review!
- We are prioritizing efficiency in meetings!
- Time is more valued with the new system!
- We would like to see more attendance and involvement in committees!
- As of now, we are on an honor code system for attendance
- Next semester, a stricter attendance policy will be put in place
- If you can’t make a meeting, please let the committee head know!!
- The remind system will be used more often!
- New Idea! On off weeks, an email will be sent out updating you about all of the happenings and projects taking place at committee meetings! This will also be posted on the website! So…SUBSCRIBETOTHEWEBSITE! Please and thank you.
- Our plans for the Founder’s Trophy will be addressed next week.
- The suggestion box is always open! Please talk to exec if you believe something needs to be addressed!
- Recruitment week is this week! Have to attend at least 2 events to vote on new members!
- Pay your dues!! Talk to Bennett if you have questions
- Props to Spencer for efficient meetings!!
- Alumni Association has made a lot of progress!
- We lost a brother at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. Please reach out and send your thoughts and prayers. Here is a link.
Thank you for a great meeting yesterday! It was super efficient and productive! Please reach out to any of your brothers if you ever feel the need to! Do know that we are all busy people and may not prioritize Kappa at the top of our lives. However, we all deeply care about Kappa and want this organization to succeed! Hope to see you at Recruitment Week! SkoBuffs!
Hello Brothers! What a crazy two weeks with the first round of midterms and two home football games in a row! In today’s minutes, the Buffs are now 5-0! Woot! Staycation is this weekend, District Day is coming up, and Recruitment week is at the end of this month! Make sure to stay involved with Kappa and as always read the minutes as we will not have another meeting for 3 WEEKS!
Finally, reach out to anybody you can who might be interested in Kappa! We want a lot of new members and SKOBUFFS!
As always, here are the full meeting minutes:
10/7/18 Chapter Minutes
10/7/18 Exec Minutes
- Shoutout to the Buffs for being 5-0!!!
- Shoutout to everyone in Silver Band for doing a volleyball game on Sunday!
- Shoutout to Chip for not injuring himself!
- Shoutout to Eric, Spencer, and Sully for cleaning the band room!
- Shoutout to Chip’s mom for being hot! CHIP’S MOM IS HOT
- Shoutout to Bennett, Carrie, Nate, Ahnika, and Andrew for helping Gabi with a presentation!
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEBSITE PLEASE…please
- Take photos of literally anything you do involving Kappa for scrapbook!!
- Wanna know more about ritual?? Ritual report after next chapter meeting! WoOoooAah!
- District Day has been moved to November 2nd and 3rd
- Learn lots of cool stuff about Kappa and the Midwest District!
- Feat. Sam Faulkner – Go to District Day!
- Buffs (5-0) NBD
- Conducting Clinic – Sunday Nov. 4th (toot toot band is woot)
- Kappa Kappa Pskate is October 14th 4-6pm
- Pls come…Jade’s been working real hard
- Charity Opportunity in Pueblo – Caroline O’Malley (Read further for more details)
- Staycation is this week! Friday night on Oct. 12th/13th
- Feat. Conner’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Hike, Board games, Bring a coat, Food, Buffs
- PsTuesday – PizzaRev! at 7pm
- Spaghetti Sauce Results
- Dylan 4.20
- Luke/Bennett 6.9
- Conner/Sully 9.6 – Congrats!!!!
- Here are the current projects we are working on!
- Practice Room Cleaning – During recruitment week
- Sign up for band library organization here!
- We’re making goodie bags for our Music Major friends!
- Tea bags, encouraging quotes, etc. during Finals Week! Yay!
- Band Banquet meetings will start at 7pm right after our meetings (6pm Sundays)!
- Training Cards!
- Gone big scale, please come help!! Talk to Carrie or Conner!
- Conner almost dies
- Conducting clinic is on Sunday Nov. 4th!! At 12pm
- The sign up to conduct will be posted soon!
- Kappa Kappa PsRecital – Sunday Dec. 2nd at 10am!
- Super awesome Breakfast Reception – Please come!
Look at this! Breakfast foods dancing and singing!
- Ordering Kappa March
- We’ll rehearse at the end of one of our future meetings!
- Performing at PsRecital and at Convention!
- Symphonic Band Concert 10/14/18 at 2pm
- Whole bunch of national people coming (like 10…literally 10)
- Things are moving along really well: the hotel all set up, the website going up, and more logistics figured out. If you haven’t been involved yet. . .everybody will have to take part in at least one of the future subcommittees!
- Convention t-shirts!
- Opened up to anyone who wants to design a t-shirt!
- Theme: Foot of the FlatIrons – Contact Dylan if you have ideas!
Not a meme, I know, but aren’t they pretty?
- We set our goals for the rest of the semester!
- If you want to join, please do, contact Nate!
- Future CMEP – History/Kappa March
- Kappa Pskate – Next Sunday! 4-6pm
- $2 for skates
- Gonna be baller! Bring your pals!! We have the whole ice rink!
- Info Sessions for Prospective members
- Oct. 15th/17th – After marching band and symphonic band, respectively
- There might be pizza…
- Last week of October…Recruitment Week! Aaahh!!
- Monday: Dinner night out, profit share
- Wednesday: Scavenger Hunt that is Pspooky
- Thursday: Service event
- Friday: Breakfast event…little croissant
- Reach out to people to get them to join!!!! Hit Jade up if you need to!
You can see all of these dates I talked about on the Kappa Calendar! If there isn’t something on there that was mentioned, please talk to Spencer!
- Project moving along! We can give funds to incoming freshmen and eventually the scholarship application will be added to the registration form!
Communications and Outreach
- We just need one more person to sign up please! Thanks Ben!!
- Doing the spooks, we’re doing Sunday!!
NatCon is going to be SUPER AWESOME! So all of you should come! Please!
- July 16th – 20th, 2019 – 100th Year of Kappa!!!!
- Stillwater, Oklahoma – We’re all going to drive!
- Very low cost – CU will pay for most, so don’t worry!
- So many cool things!!!!
- Passing of the Ring of Presidents, Meeting new brothers, Reason we have Glory, Heck ton of Pswag, Dance classes, Super heckin’ cool desserts, Might meet JP, Brotherhood and so many more other events and reasons to go!
- (Esp. the cool lamp)
- You can go even if you’ve graduated by then! Most of the chapter is planning to go!
- Find out more info about NatCon by talking to past travelers, Ahnika, Bennett, Carrie, Gabi, Nate, Andrew or reach out to Gabi! Click here for more info!
After discussing why you all should go to NatCon! We had a well thought out seminar on helping out Caroline O’Malley with her startup pepband down in Pueblo! Here are some major points! (You can read the full minutes here)
- Exposing 10 high school students from Swallows Chapter Academy to music!
- Pueblo has limited resources in terms of music supplies, difficulties
- We should buy permanent items for the students, not rentals so that we aren’t entitled to rent for these students every year
- Although we have a large budget, it will be tight because of Convention front
- Final Discussed Idea: $750 to give to Caroline, everything has to be permanent, buying school-owned instruments, stay within school, we will reimburse, have her send us everything she wants to buy, give receipts, transactions will be posted online to chapter, everything will directly contribute to playing music
- Vote to approve money towards Caroline’s Project: Motion passed!!
We then voted on the theme for Band Banquet!
After considering several awesome ideas with crowd favorites of “lamp” and the trio, “Clue (the game)”, “Clue (the movie)”, and “Murder Mystery”, we picked . . . drum roll please. . .(we can’t tell you yet because it’s going to be a surprise)! It’s going to be super awesome everybody so talk to Carrie or Conner if you want to help out!
But seriously…don’t tell
- Next meeting is Oct. 28th! (in 3 weeks – Read the minutes/stay involved with Kappa!)
- Pay your dues!!! Bennett called you out if you haven’t yet
- Mid-semester check-in
- Will be sent out in the next couple weeks (FB, email, please fill out!) We will go over at next meeting – Oct. 28th!
- Pray for Stazie’s cat (It’s Stazie’s roommate’s cat)
- Buffs (5-0)
- Get new members to join Kappa! Recruitment week starts the 29th! So you have 3 weeks from today to get as many people interested!
Have pictures for the scrapbook? Upload them here!
1.) Go to Shutterfly.com
2.) Type in the Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.) Type in the password: strive4thehighest
4.) Click Upload next to My Photos
5.) Upload all of your amazing pictures!
This post can be quickly accessed through the photos tab on the menu bar.
Hope everyone had an amazing week! Midterms are coming up so make sure you take some time for yourself! Go for a hike, stay in bed, get lots of sleep, stay hydrated and make sure you are eating well!
- Ahnika is learning trumpet for Concert Band after a shortage of trumpets! Congrats to her picking up an instrument so fast and being a valuable asset to the Concert Band!
- Thank you to everyone who helped pass out snacks and water to the UNC band!
- Thank you to everyone who helped make snack packs and help build the chair stands last minute (also shoutout to Conner for getting tools and Maddie for helping plan everything so last minute)!
Some important officer report information:
- Pay dues! $135 total – must have a payment plan set up or be paid in full by 9/24! Talk to Bennett for questions and how to pay – he and Nate will accept cash, checks made out to Kappa Kappa Psi, and Venmo. If you helped with Rockies, your dues will be $110. Should you help Trevor in the digitization project for three 2-3 hour sessions, you will get $25 back! If you haven’t paid dues yet for the previous year, do that ASAP.
- Conditional letters are due at 11:59pm on September 17th (which is in like an hour so GET ON IT). Letters will be given to Roeder this week and upon his approval, be voted on during the 9/24 meeting. If you have extenuating circumstances, please talk to Kristina ASAP.
- Carrie will be doing the recruitment hike the morning of the Sunday after the Arizona game (October 8th). This tentative date will be made official later.
- Trevor needs photos for the scrapbook! Log in to Shutterfly with the email, email@example.com, using the password strive4thehighest.
- Look for a later post today for Reception sign ups! Thank you to Conner, Eric, and Helen for signing up last minute to help with the reception this Tuesday!
- Leo thanks everyone for coming to get pizookies last week! This week’s Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays will be at Macky for the Wind Psymphony and Psymphonic Band concert at 7:30!
- Maddie is planning on making more bags for Washington’s pep band this Saturday. Six people will be needed to make them, 6-8 people need to help distribute. Thank you to everyone who helped clean this week after the game, sign ups are here if you are interested to help clean the band room!
- Gabi thanks everyone for helping with Kappa Kappa Pstreaks! Keep them going. If you want to get usernames or add your own, add them here! We watched the video Gabi made for NatCon and there is so much to learn! The brothers that went to NatCon will host workshops after Kappa meetings to discuss what they learned starting next week. Additionally, submit photos to post to social media to Gabi!
- Ahnika had the opportunity to go to District Days in KU this weekend! She learned lots of valuable information pertaining to service and engaged in mock-chapter situations. The MWD will be commissioning a piece as well! For all the slides and important information, go to the MWD website!
We broke into committees for a couple minutes to discuss a bunch of cool plans for the future.
- In jurisdiction, Nate discussed the plan for the year. This semester will be exclusively for looking at the specifics of the Constitution while next semester will be spent revising. This week, Section I will be analyzed with a specific emphasis on Article VI.
- In membership committee, Carrie’s committee helped plan out Recruitment week:
- Tuesday – Chatfield/Anderson Farms Corn Maze
- Wednesday – Service night (Cleaning Practice Rooms)
- Thursday – CU Wind Symphony Concert and talk about the history of the bands and Kappa
- Friday – First night of Staycation! Carve pumpkins, costume party
- In brotherhood committee, Leo’s committee came up with more ideas for Kappa Kappa Pstuesdays – if you have more suggestions, let Leo know. More expensive brotherhood activities will take place soon, closer to finals week.
- In service committee, Maddie will be creating a regular schedule for practice room cleaning. She is taking suggestions for service projects in place of CU Band Day – small and large ideas are welcome!
- In music committee, Andrew discussed some CSO concert dates we could attend! Some include Stravinsky’s “The Firebird”, etc. More details to come!
We discussed some important suggestion box info!
- A suggestion asked that we maybe consider moving our meetings to another day other than Sunday.
- General Consensus – Sundays are okay, but weekdays are preferable. After Spring registration, a survey will go out to discuss meetings for next semester.
We voted on the pronouns/names of our mascot today! Meet Bantha II, or Glory Deborah McBufface, using she/her/hers pronouns! Sign up to help babysit Bantha by clicking here!
Bantha II being offered to Wheat Jesus/Glucifer
That’s all for this week! Thank you all and AEA!