Hey everyone, I apologize for the late posting of mini-minutes but I decided that getting sick was a better option for last night. I hope you all are getting through the semester great and hopefully not feeling like I am!
Let’s start off with some shoutouts!
- Conner, Nate, Spencer, Colby, Carrie, and Maddie helped cleaned practice rooms last week!
- Conner worked almost a total of 80 hours helping out with Rockies fundraising!
- Thank to everyone who helped with the Summer Music Academy and Chris Huls’ recital last week!
- Trevor started Fun Fact Fridays!
- Gabi met with Kristina and helped make some plans that will shape Kappa for the better!
- CU beat Texas State in our home opener (skoooo)
Some important announcements:
- If you don’t go by the name that is on your Kappa certificate or membership card, talk to Kristina! For a small fee (or nationals can even cover the fee), you can change your name.
- Dues will be due on September 24th. $135 for anyone who didn’t complete Rockies games, or $110 for anyone who did work at Rockies games. If you want $25 back, help Trevor with archives in the next coming weeks (three 2-3 hour sessions on Sunday Nights). Make sure dues are paid from last year ASAP!
- Conditional letters are due by September 17th. You must write a letter to the chapter to ask why you seek conditional status and what you plan to do to stay involved. On September 24th, each letter will be voted on and Dr. Roeder will give his seal of approval. Work is not a valid reason to go conditional!
- The Center for Student Involvement is hosting the Core Leadership Program, including sessions that will be held Tuesdays, 3:30-5:00pm starting September 19th or Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30pm starting September 20th. You get to attend an overnight retreat in Estes Park on October 14th-15th and it’s free! Registration closes on the 15th, so register/talk to Kristina for further concerns. Click here for registration info!
- A new Jurisdiction Committee will be created that will review the Constitution and clean up anything that we either don’t abide by or don’t need anymore. Nate will lead this standing committee over the next coming weeks. Commitment is important as this is a weekly ordeal!
- Carrie is creating a membership committee, in which you will help plan lessons for degrees/rituals, etc. Talk to Carrie if you’re interested!
- Spencer is helping begin the Alumni Association and is preparing to gauge interest among alumni.
- Trevor would love some input on snacks (opinions, dietary concerns, etc). He is also digitizing the scrapbook this year so make sure you are taking lots of photos. The Archive project will begin shortly on Sunday Nights, including scanning onto hard drives, snacks, and brotherhood.
- Andrew put reception sign ups on the Facebook group page. Conducting clinic will be on November 4th! A committee will be coming soon to further discuss CSO concerts. The tentative date for recital is December 9th, in which current brothers should complete this date rather than the later dates!
- Leo is planning for a Staycation retreat November 3rd and 4th, including a sleepover and midnight hike! This week’s KKPstuesdays will be at BJ’s for Pizookies!
- Maddie is beginning a signup sheet for cleaning the band room after games soon. Since we are not doing CU Band Day this year, we can take on a larger service project, so stay tuned!
- Gabi has adopted a mascot (as so generously donated by Carrie). Name suggestions are on the Facebook page. Check out the Facebook page for Snapchat usernames for streaks, and remember the longest streak at the end of the semester wins. The Instagram has been utilized and send Gabi photos so that your throwback thursday photos can be posted!
We also voted on the budget this meeting. Check out the Google Drive for the full line-by-line item breakdown of the budget. The important things to note include:
- Starting Budget: $10,820
- Music Service (meaning money that benefits the College of Music such as tuba covers) was changed from $2,000-$2,500
- Commissioning Fund (meaning money that was stored away for future members to use to commission a piece) was changed from $1,000 to $1,500
- Travel Subsidies (what the chapter pays for travel to District/National events, including a possible per diem, hotel fees) was changed from $5,000 to $4,500.
We also quickly reviewed the calendar and highlighted some important dates:
- Band Banquet – November 12th
- Elections – November 26th
- Recruitment Week – October 31st to November 2nd, will include KKPstuesdays, Staycation, Conducting Clinic
Next week we will discuss the suggestion box and other fundraising activities such as Rockies.
Thank you all! Have a wonderful week!