Here are the final announcements of the year!
- Shoutout to everyone who performed for a great job on recital! One of the best we’ve seen.
- specific shoutout to Carrie for putting the whole thing together
- We have voted to submit a bid with our brothers in Laramie to host district convention over there this year. We’re just gonna help them out, it turned out being the right choice for our chapter! Its gonna be… how do you say…. LIT.
- To the people involved with the Rockies fundraiser, check the facebook page, and show up when you’re supposed to, or find someone to cover for you, nice and simple.
Today were the elections for next semester’s executive committee! So many talented and passionate brothers ran and I am so proud of the determination in our chapter.
Here is next year’s exec team:
- President – Kristina Lu
- Vice President – Carrie Proctor
- Secretary – Spencer Bajcar
- Tresurer – Bennett Croft
- Historian – Trevor Borasio
- Music Chair – Andrew Depree
- Service Chair – Maddie McNamee
- Brotherhood Chair – Leo Borasio
Thanks for such a great year, I love you all, and am excited to see what you have all accomplished when I get back. I will leave you with two pictures of Joshua that speak to the variety of life’s experiences. I hope you all feel like Josh with chocy milk and yummy donuts everyday for the rest of your lives. See ya soon!
Hey hey, Jade here, the year’s coming to a close here’s an update on the rest of it:
- We had nominations for next semester’s executive positions today, that took up most of the meeting time (don’t be afraid to run for something!)
- Elections will be next week on Sunday 4/30 starting at noon, the meeting can go ’til 6pm (it will most likely not make it near that time)
- more info on running will come from Kristina this week
- if you are considering running for a position talk to the person currently in that role, to gain a better understanding of what you’ll need to do and what your platform should include
- Bring your clickers to the meeting!
- Next week is recital! Saturday 4/29 at 6:30pm Update the spreadsheet with whatever work you are planning on performing, so that Carrie can figure out the program.
it’s gonna be wild
- Finish signing up for your Rockies games if you are involved in that project, we need ya.
- This is a big one – we have voted to submit a bid to host district convention, this will be a huge step for our chapter! I’m so excited for our future endeavors.
- If you are considering going to national convention the deadline to commit is May 13th (if you want to go with brothers from our chapter)
Shoutouts for the week;
- Nice job to everyone at the band concerts this week
dis was me in the audience during concert band and wind symphony, and while playing the Ticheli
- Conner has managed to keep service projects going even though we haven’t had meetings, how cool is that?almost as cool as this lil animal
- also thanks to everyone that has been making their ways to the service activities
- Thanks to the scholarship committee for reading all of the applications in such a swift manner
- Good job to our new brothers finishing up their PM service project, keep kicking y’all
- Josh helped Carrie and Andrew record their NIB auditions, what a guy.
See you all next weekend for a couple of days full of kappa! Good luck on this week’s rehearsals and preparations for recital and elections :)!
Exec had a quick meeting tonight just to review everything that is coming up this month I’ll start with the big dates first of all:
- 4/8-4/9 – Retreat! this weekend
- We still need one more driver, talk to Tate if you can drive
- 4/15 – Conducting Clinic is from 12-2 and Make-up third degree is at 6
- we need percussionists! but even if you aren’t a percussionist, sign up, and get your friends to sign up. srsly
- No meeting 4/16, because Easter.
- 4/23 – Meeting at 5pm – Nominations meeting!
- 4/29 – Kappa Recital at 6:30pm
- You should be prepping for your performances!
- 4/30 – Spring Elections
- if you are interested in running for a position, don’t hesitate to start talking to whoever holds that position now!
Now for your regular mini-minutes;
- Updates from convention:
- We won the ritual scholarship! We will discuss in our next meeting how to use these moneys (Thanks Stazie!!)
- We may consider trying to host district convention next year?? We’ll talk about it.
- Shoutout to Tate and Ahnika for being elected as district officers!
- And; shoutout to Nate Page and Hannah Rieder for doing a great job representing our chapter even as newer members
so proud of our bros
- The Rockies fundraiser is kicking, nice job to everyone involved, we are all done with training, solid start.
this photo is not at all relevant… but isn’t it tho?
- The “Strive for the Highest Scholarship” apps are in review by the committee, they will be announced at the last band concerts
- T-shirts (CU Honor Band) will be ordered, and the shipping process will begin being planned in the next couple of days
As always full minutes are located on the website, but all of your important dates and such are here, go #teamfun, go buffs.
Just a few announcements today, our meeting mostly consisted of final voting for our fantastic PM class;
- It’s not too late to contact Bennett to sign up for the Rockies games this summer! This is going to be awesome for our chapter. We just want to make the band program this happy-
- The stand repair service project is rolling, more info on this from Conner soon!
- We will also be helping Roeder with a (mini) music library service project
- Retreat (April 8-9) will be $35! You can pay the financial team now if you know you’re going. No doubt, it will literally be the best retreat in the history of Kappa… Kappa… Psi.
- This weekend is Third Degree – 6pm on Saturday, there is no meeting this week.
See you all at Third Degree, hope you have a nice week :)!
shoutout to Josh and Helen for this gem from today’s meeting –
Hey everyone, here are the big things you need to know from tonight’s meeting;
- GET PUMPED – Kappa Kappa Ps’moreos is this Thursday! Let Tate know if you’re coming.
- also bring your fave board games
- Third degree is March 25th – Stazie will be sending out a sign-up soon (to the actives) for readers
- Sign up for recital ASAP (hard deadline is March 19th, but you could start prepping)
- PMs turn in your dues if you can! You can still get a refund if you decide not to join Kappa, we just need to get our numbers in order. At least let the financial team know your plan. Our lovely Bennett’s feeling like dis-
- WE GOT THE BEAUJOS CHECK THO
- We have paid for the tuba covers, and Dr. Roeder is very thankful for our helping of the band program! We are really making ourselves known, it’s exciting
this Josh won.
- Make-up MEPs will be sent out tonight by Brandon
- Shoutout to these amazing bros; Andrew – Congrats on your recital! MUSICIANSHIP; Ahnika – you’re really taking care of this CU Honor Band t-shirt extravaganza, we appreciate you; Spencer, Nate, and Maddie – you are all off to a great start with Kappa, keep up the good work.; And, nice job to all the PMs on the family trees, Jalen loves you all.
- Lastly, we had a long discussion on our mid-semester check in survey. I took detailed notes and you can find them in the full minutes (on this website that I believe in more than life itself). Overall, just know you have brothers here for you that are ready to listen, we got your back no matter what.
See you all next week! No MEP, just an exec meeting at 4pm and regular meeting at 5pm, love you all, have a good week!
- Retreat is April 8-9, more info on this coming soon
- Theme for this semester is pixar, it’s gonna be a great time
- 3rd degree and make up 2nd degree are March 25th
- make up third degree is April 15th, same day as conducting clinic (a whole day of Kappa, wooo!)
- PMs MUST attend one of these two third degree dates
- We are going to spend the summer fundraising at Rockies games! Let Bennett know if you are interested in helping out, this is a great opportunity for our chapter.
- WE GOT THE PIZZA REV CHECK!
- Let all of your band/music major friends know about the Scholarship!
- Upload your kappa pictures to the kappa website. It’ll help Jalen pull together our chapter’s scrapbook for convention
(pictures such as this one)
- If you are auditioning for the NIB, heads up that you have a month to learn your audition rep before we start recording
- Andrew’s junior recital is this weekend, Saturday at 7:30 in Grusin. Come out to support our brother
- Talk to Floyd to register for convention, after today the registration fee goes up $10
- The money request form is now available on the kappa website, fill it out anytime you need to request money from kappa, pretty simple.
- PM dues would be much appreciated $145 to Bennett, you can get a refund if you end up deciding not to join kappa
- 23 hugs are still unclaimed from Conner, hit him up.
See you all next week for an MEP at 4pm and meeting at 5pm in UMC 382-384!
Hope you all have a nice week, good luck on all of your endeavors, stay positive, love you all.
Hello all! A lot of announcements today, so many cool things happening in our chapter, here we go:
- If you want to attend Midwest District Convention (March 31st- April 2nd) you need to tell Floyd by Wednesday!
- He will register for you, and you will need to pay Bennett the registration fee – $35.75 (10 more bucks if you wait another week)
- Look out for a mid-semester survey coming to you from Kristina this week
- The financial team will now be using a money request form to organize payments, fill one of these out whenever you need to pay Kappa or charge Kappa for anything.
- Everyone make sure you have signed up for receptions
- Let Carrie know by Tuesday if you want to attend the CSO Pokemon Evolutions concert March 9th
- Also talk to Carrie if you want to audition for the NIB (National Intercollegiate Band)
- Nice job to all on CU Honor Band
- you may retrieve a hug from Conner if interested
- And FINALLY; congrats to Spencer, Maddie, and Nate for being elected into the PM exec committee, the future’s looking real bright y’all.
See you all next Sunday at 4pm for the MEP and 5 for the meeting! (back at good ole’ UMC 382-384)
- CU Honor Band is this weekend! There is still a few spots open, sign up to help out!
- Recital is officially April 29th at 6:30pm (Sign up available soon)
- Next meeting is Sunday the 26th at 5pm in UMC 247 (new room!)
- MEP at 4pm in the same room
- Sign up for receptions!
- Sign up for district convention is on the district page, it’s gonna be a great time.
Congrats on a great second degree! It was awesome, and the PMs are awesome. Woo!